Revised Bag Checks

I have a preference for the previous avatar of our favorite nurse is disguise!

2 Likes

It may reappear if sheā€™s mean to me :grin:

2 Likes

That means thereā€™s a good chance we will see it again!

1 Like

:rofl:

Apparently, they find more guns than youā€™d think. Source: interesting chat with a security guard during MVMCP.

4 Likes

These are interesting. I would prefer to bring a few things in a clear bag that can be visually checked than to have someone go through my bag and touch everything.

6 Likes

Agree!!!

4 Likes

This is basically what we do when we go. We have a stroller with stretchy mesh pockets in the back, and we usually put all our diaper bag stuff in gallon-sized ziplock bags in those mesh pockets, so the security people usually just look at it and let us through. So nice, even before the pandemic!

Requiring clear bags with a maximum specific measurement is similar to what they already do for conferences/ concerts at arenas.

My vote is for shoot on sight. Cull the herdā€¦

2 Likes

Nice avatar.

1 Like

This bit from the actual IAAPA document is interesting and seems to allow for keeping masks off in wide open places. Question of course whether Universal or Disney will do so.

1 Like

I may or may not have witnessed a security guard finding pepper spray in a womanā€™s purse. I can neither confirm nor deny that I am married to that woman.

12 Likes

Ha! Thatā€™s funny!

1 Like

I donā€™t have any idea of the legality of it, but I have seen a document floating around suggesting that people can imply that they have a medical reason why a mask canā€™t be worn and that it violates the ADA to force them to wear them or turn them away.

1 Like

But were you prepared to deny in the event security was going to turn her and her entire group away?

1 Like

Ha! Oh yeah, I would have turned around, discreetly dropped the keys to the van on the ground, and herded the littles through the tapstiles. It was HS and we were angling for ROTR.

5 Likes

How does this work with other safety measures? If I had some kind of medical condition that prevented me from wearing a seat belt, could I use ADA to ride a coaster without one?

1 Like

That scenario is covered in the full IAAPA document.

I was just curious.

Iā€™m shocked @OBNurseNH hasnā€™t chimed in to say I donā€™t need a mask because I donā€™t have a face!