Revenge of the Solo Trip

Definitely stalk for a reservation. I was able to book for 2 just a week out.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: Packed
:white_check_mark: Checked into my flight
:white_check_mark: Excited!

Leaving tomorrow morning, it’s finally time!! I’m going to try and make posts semi-live-ish, and see how that goes. Flight is at 7:30am, with an ETA of 10:16.

The plan is to check-in at the hotel (or drop off my bags) and then head to Hollywood Studios for noonish. I’ve got:

• A 12:30pm Tower of Terror DAS
  • 5pm Slinky Dog Dash DAS
  • Drinks at Oga’s at 6pm

I have no feelings of obligation for any of them. I expect the crowds to be insane, so I intend on getting Genie+ when I wake up at 4:30am, and I’m going to TRY rapid-stacking while on airplane wifi. This is risky, as last time neither MDE or BG1 worked while in the air, but we’ll see. :frowning: Regardless, between Genie+ and DAS I expect to effectively have superpowers.

Let’s see how this goes! :airplane:

15 Likes

Hooray! :tada:

2 Likes

It begins!! I’m through security and customs, and seated comfortably in the YYZ Plaza Premium Lounge. They have an alright breakfast of scrambled eggs, brown beans and breakfast sausage, and I’m sipping on POG juice. :grinning:

It’s been awhile since I’ve gone through the nexus line at customs, as I’ve been travelling with people who don’t have nexus, and wow, they’ve simplified that experience! I literally looked at a camera, the screen said proceed, walked immediately to a customs agent who said “Timothy, anything to declare?”, I said no and they waved me past. I didn’t even show my passport or nexus card to a machine or person. I like living in the future.

Just over an hour until departure, the flight status currently shows arriving a bit late, at 10:45.

11 Likes

Boarded! I’m starting to worry about rapid stacking with potentially terrible wifi, so I think I’m going to get something I want instead.

6 Likes

I think that’s smart. I’m not sure many people have had a ton of luck with in-flight wifi when it comes to Genie and all the related parts

Have a good flight!

4 Likes

TIL that you still need a park pass still for booking a 7am VQ if you have an annual pass. It was mostly on a lark, to hit Guardians if I had the inclination in the evening, but I thought that requirement was gone. ¯\(ツ)

4 Likes

Are you AP? If you’re AP you need a park pass to enter a park, and I think that would follow through to VQ

4 Likes

Second breakfast was a Belgian waffle and a mimosa. Vacation feels official now, mimosa seals it! :joy:

8 Likes

Yay!! Glad it’s here for you.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m in a cab and on my way to Port Orleans French Quarter! Not checking a bag has proven to be a notable improvement in speed.

Now that I’m on more reliable interwebz. I’m trying to power rapid stack. Book a loser, modify the loser to a winner, repeat. If I’m doing it right, I should have 3 or 4 more LLs booked by the time I get to HS.

16 Likes

Hope it works out!!

2 Likes

Every time I see those letters, I get the song by Rush stuck in my head! :blush:

4 Likes

They are from Toronto. :joy: I see Geddy Lee around sometimes at stores and restaurants.

6 Likes

Woo hoo!

3 Likes

Room was ready shortly after I arrived. :tada: Heading to HS once I’ve SPF’d myself.

10 Likes

Can you (or someone else) explain this sometime when you have a chance? I’ve not heard of this strategy when stacking.

2 Likes

Check the top post in “The Advanced Genie+ Strategy & Planning Thread” in La Cava.

There’s a good write up there on what it is and how to pull it off

5 Likes

Way cool! Have a great day at HS.

3 Likes

So, I’ve got LLs for everything except SDD and MFSR… they’re both sold out for the day, MF was unexpected, and I’m going to try and mod Indy at the SDD drop. MF I can do DAS for later on. So, rapid stacking is a success, whoa.

7 Likes