Revenge of the Solo Trip

Revenge of the Solo Trip

Who: Me (he/him), 51, all by my lonesome!
When: March 28th–April 1st (5 days!)
Where: Port Orleans – French Quarter
How: Flying WestJet, YYZ to MCO

Background

Since the 2022 Adult Dream Trip, my excitement for the joy, deliciosity1 and level of service at Disney has just grown. I had intended for my Revenge of the Dream Trip to be a solo trip last year, but that turned into a reunion trip with a partner I hadn’t seen since before the covid lockdowns. So, before even going on my delayed but very successful Eff you cancer, I’m going to Disney World trip, I had booked this solo trip for late March to make proper use of the season pass I bought before Revenge of the Dream Trip.

THIS IS YOUR FAULT. YOU MADE ME THIS2. thefacticamewillinglyisinconsequential

This time I’m trying out another moderate resort, the Port Orleans – French Quarter. I’ve heard such lovely things about it, and love that it’s small and relatively quiet. I’ve booked a river-view room, and requested a lovely corner that I’ll hopefully get. I’m a little sad the pool is being refurbished while I’m there, but somehow I’ll cope.

I was hoping to do both the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the Wild Africa Trek tour, but alas the KttK tour seems to be taking an Easter vaycay, as there is no availability while I’m there. I have scored a WAT tour, and I’m very excited about it. I also booked a Behind the Seeds tour, as I’ve heard very good things about it, and Living with the Land is just so great.

My plan is a combination of spartan and full. I’m hoping to mostly go with the flow, and have no qualms about cancelling dinner reservations as required. I’ve been following the thread about slowing things down and I’m hoping to take that to heart. I’d like to ride Tron and Cosmic Rewind a bunch, and maybe make it to a waterpark, but otherwise aside from the tours and fireworks dining, everything is pretty loose.

4 weeks. I’m posting early because I’m so gorram excited and writing it out helps me chill3. Feel free to suggest things I might want to check a look at.

Plan Summary

• Day 1: :flight_arrival: 10:30am, Hollywood Studios, Oga’s Cantina
  • Day 2: Magic Kingdom, Keys to the Kingdom, Epcot, Behind the Seeds, Rose and Crown Fireworks Dining Package
  • Day 3: Homecomin’ brunch, Disney Springs
  • Day 4: Animal Kingdom, Wild Africa Trek
  • Day 5: I have no clue, :flight_departure: 9:15pm

1Totally a word. It’s very fetch.
2My pass expires on April 29th, and I’m simply furious at you all while I’ve been scoping possible late-April dates for another trip.
3It really doesn’t, but feels like something I can do besides rapidly bounce my legs while slowly going mad.

24 Likes

Ok, but will you be bounding again bc that was adorable!

5 Likes

Will the Easter eggs be there when you are? Maybe you should photograph them and show us :blush:

7 Likes

I will not. My recent planning skills apply only to Disney parks proper, my ability to wardrobe is entirely outsourced to others. :joy: Beth ran point on the bounds, and while she might come up with one for me, I absolutely don’t have the spoons to do it myself.

7 Likes

I hadn’t thought too much about that, but since I’ll literally be there through the whole Easter weekend, I expect they will! I’ll read up on that!

6 Likes

Carriage ride? That would be something I would enjoy, but not sure if it’s something you would like.

5 Likes

:rofl: You should absolutely repeat that Donald bound. It was spectacular!

3 Likes

POFQ
Behind the Seeds

What are you trying to do - relive my recent trip??

You’ll love both. Especially that river view room. That was so super nice!

5 Likes

What did I just watch?? :rofl:

5 Likes

The Easter egg display at Grand Flo is AMAZING!

5 Likes

Unfortunately, like the Matrix, no one can be told what The FP is. You have to check a look at it for yourself, cranberry juice.

4 Likes

It looked like a movie about a Dance Dance Revolution competition with a little West Side Story thrown in for culture

3 Likes

Sure, “for culture,” we’ll go with that. :joy::joy::joy:

I thought The FP was a fake trailer, and then I saw the movie. The funniest bit is that they never, ever treat it as anything other than the most serious thing. It’s something, or perhaps something else. The slang from it permeated the vernacular of my entire friends group to this day. Check a look, cranberry juice, 187, “what’s a town without any ducks?” … I’m not sure it’d stand up to modern sensibilities, but yeah.

3 Likes

I did find myself wondering if it was a spoof

2 Likes

CALLOOH CALLAY! It looks like the Keys to the Kingdom blackout week has been remedied, so I’ve booked that on the Friday morning, shuffling around a bunch of my park reservations and intended days a bit. Friday is now officially “tour day”, with both KttK in the morning and Behind the Seeds in the afternoon.

7 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Blargh. I had to cancel Wild Africa Trek, as I’m too heavy. I thought I might squeak by but when I read it’s with all the gear on, there’s no way. :frowning: On the upside, I’m regaining the weight I lost during treatment! :grinning: I’ll just need to seek out a good meal to replace WAT with.

3 Likes

Oh boooo. I had a really amazing dinner at Shulas in January. It’s a little off the path in the Dolphin hotel, but it’s great and definitely a splurge meal.

3 Likes

Aw that stinks.

How about Savor the Savanna?

Or if you just want a super fabulous meal, Jiko :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Savor the Savanna seems like the perfect replacement, but appears to be sold out. :frowning: I’ll keep looking to see what I can finagle!

4 Likes