Returning to the Magic - A trip report

The other thing you should do is check for park reservations day of. They often pop up, especially for Epcot.

2 Likes

It’s fine. We have park reservations for everything the way we want. The one thing we just werent sure about is if on our easy day we would want to go to Epcot or DHS for the evening. With Epcot though we can either do Epcot or what I suggested above.

2 Likes

so sorry to hear this! what stressful several days for you and the family. and, happy to read about the backup plans. sending good vibes your way that all feel better soon (physically and mentally). onto june!

2 Likes

So sorry you had to cancel. Happy you’re able to still go soon. Hoping your kids recover quickly. :heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry you had to reschedule, but now you will be there the same week as my family!

3 Likes

Sorry it didn’t work out, Mike. Hope everyone is doing ok.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you had to reschedule but thank goodness you were able to before your arrival. Could have been worse if the flu started moving through your family after you got down there PLUS you have enough time to put all your plans back together 2 months from now.

2 Likes

Just catching up now … what a roller coaster, but not the good kind. I’m so sad for you all! For the kids to be sick AND miss Disney? Really not fair. Here’s hoping the make up trip for the make up trip goes off as planned. :frowning_face: :crossed_fingers:t4:

6 Likes

Completely made the right call. DS4 woke up a couple times overnight completely miserable… Good news is it seems DS11 is on the upswing - no fever this morning.

13 Likes

I’m glad DS11 is on the upswing and you’re feeling validated in the choice to delay. I hope DS4 is on the upswing soon too (and that you and DW stay healthy!!)

3 Likes

It is truly devastating to cancel a trip that close to leaving, so sorry you had to do that. If you are like me, and most of us on here, then the planning phase of a trip is super fun in and of itself. Good news you get to plan again! I hope your June trip is fantastic.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear it. I hope the family gets well soon and I look forward to the June report

1 Like

We were on a trip last week (not Disney) and returned home only to test positive for Covid the following day. I can tell you I am so so so glad we got sick at home and not on the road.

I’m sorry for the timing but I do think you made the right call — the vacation will be much more enjoyable with healthy family. Glad you used your skills to rebook for relatively soon! Hope everyone is on the mend soon also.

5 Likes

I am still in awe that I got something and got everything rearranged with an extra night at break even. As of today, there is nothing available in June for either YC or BC…

14 Likes

#nocoincidences

THAT is the trip you were meant to take

12 Likes

I love looking at it that way.

7 Likes

I’m sorry you had to cancel but am glad it all fell into place to reschedule.

As soon as the trip you were going to take is over and you still have the new one to look forward to, it is going to be awesome!!

3 Likes

Stupid Disney IT. I keep getting reminders of my park reservations and Disney Genie trying to tell me to mobile order - even though I canceled everything yesterday.

3 Likes

Well that sucks.

3 Likes

Ugh that’s like when I still had my DCL cruise countdown for weeks after the pandemic started and I kept crossing my fingers it would come back, but eventually it was just a reminder that it wasn’t going to happen.

5 Likes