Return to the Magic Trip Report

ha, we just stopped going to Disney during the summer. I say hell on earth is Disney in July :rofl:

Nope, only shops that we did was the Marketplace in Batuu. Other than that, no issues at all.

Often Florida is cooler in July than we are in central MO. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty hot at MK today. Maybe it’s just the week wearing on up, but seems to be tougher on us today.

Got to MK a little after 9 today. Waits still very manageable. Did 7D, tomorrow land, adventureland and frontier land before lunch. Eating at Skippers. First time… Food was decent, but not great.

Back out to Scortched Earth…

10 Likes

Thanks again. I’d decided to pass on this one after some deliberation.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. The summer heat does start to suck the life out of you after several days of it. Hang in there, you will only remember the good things! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Didn’t have time to run through it, but I did pay attention as we drove past. It was open and it did not look real full. None of the camping loops appeared to be too busy.

1 Like

To be honest, easier than expected. That does not mean there were not times when it was hot, but it’s hot with or without a mask.

One thing that personally made them easier for me and DS was the ear savers. We fou D some we really liked and by getting the pressure off the back of my ears, they were much better. One thing that annoyed me more than anything with the masks was my sun glasses would fog up when changing temperatures.so anytime I went back outside from an inside ride… Fog… That way till they warmed up to the temperature… Which didn’t take long.

Overall, Masks were doable for our family. The kids did Great! Rarely complained. Asked for my neck fan from time to time, but didn’t complain like I expected with the masks. A mask mandate being in effect would not keep me from coming back next summer.

I will give great thanks and a tip of the cap to the cast members. Not only are they wearing masks, they are also wearing the face shields over them… Ugh, had to be so hot yet they were all so great!

3 Likes

Paid a little more attention to these yesterday at MK. Estimated height is only 6 1/2 to 7 ft tall. Plenty of room above them. Only one ride I thought it made it feel very tight and I would have dreaded being stopped in the middle of them for an extended period of time and that is BTMRR. Pretty tight in there and it could get uncomfortable in a hurry if you got stopped there for a train cleaning or ride outage.

2 Likes

Some picks from MK yesterday

10 Likes

Yesterday at MK it did seem to be a little busier. Not bad at all, but it did feel busier to us on the weekend than last Monday.

Still managed to ride anything we wanted and never waited more than 20 to 25 min. Late touring is great to get in a few rerides with short to no Waits.

Sad to leave, but always is. One difference this trip is I don’t feel completely exhausted this time. It definitely was more relaxing for us and a slower pace while doing everything we wanted that was open. On the way to the airport now, will post some closing comments as I have time. Thanks to everyone who followed along. First live trip report and it was fun. I never seem to do good post trip reports, but doing a little bit as I went was a good way to capture my thoughts.

Hope everyone enjoyed it. The Magic is still here, just looks a little different.

14 Likes

Glad you had a great trip! Thank you for posting it was fun to follow!

I know you were unsure if the cabins before you went. Would love to hear your final thoughts on them now that your trip is complete!

2 Likes

thanks for sharing your trip! it was a treat. i’m happy you and your family had a great time. safe travels back!

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and insight with us. It was really helpful and much appreciated! So glad you had a nice trip!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! We are at the airport now, will arrive in Orlando this evening. We were supposed to stay at the Cabins, but decided last week to change resorts as we were just in a cabin in Glacier NP. So Beach Club Villas it is. Glad you had a great trip, I hope my kids do as well with the masks as yours, 1 is headed off to college and the other will be a junior in high school, both will be wearing masks all day so they might as well get used to it now. If they can survive FL in a mask, they can easily survive school in one.

6 Likes

I enjoyed your trip report so much! Looking forward to your closing thoughts. Thanks for doing it!

2 Likes

Have a great time!

1 Like

Thank you! Feels crazy that we are leaving the beautiful summer in the Northwest with no/low humidity, for basically a swamp of high heat and humidity. The call of the Mouse is too great, I guess. :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s supposed to be pretty hot here this week, so maybe that’s a good time to be gone!

1 Like