Return to the Magic Trip Report

Have to boat to MK and boat to AKL… Seems like a long journey…

Resort boats not running, that is why I booked it, thought I could just take the boat.

1 Like

I would say 45-60 minutes

Although 5he boat ride is not long.

1 Like

The boats are fun! Think of it as a ride and it won’t seem as long.

1 Like

You’re saying the WL boat goes to MK and back to WL.

The FW boat goes to MK and back to FW?

You could Uber - you’d need to be at the Outpost.

You could cart down to the Outpost, grab an Epcot bus. Then bus to WL.

Reverse to get back.

Or, ask the kids if they’re good with resort food.

Or, order a food delivery and cart to the Outpost to get it.

Change your WL meal to lunch in an MK day, if you still have an MK day.

1 Like

Fearful as there is only one boat running from the FT…

The actual boat ride is under 15 minutes? I thought someone reported finding a way to still run between the resorts?

There is non that I am aware of unless you use the MK as a go between.

I just looked it up. People were using a service road that connected the two still after the construction but it might be off limits now.

More cabin visitors.

10 Likes

Resort day. DD wanted to try horseback riding for the first time. Wife took her while DS and I took a walk on the beach (too young to do).

They were great with my very timid daughter. Souds like she was a little upset for the first 10 min or so, but the guides did great and stayed right with her and made her feel comfortable. She overcame her fear and that makes her daddy proud.

Rest of the day, we swam and burned :rofl:… Man that FL sun is relentless in July. But we had a great time.

Can’t believe it, but last park day is tomorrow. Finishing up where we started with MK to end the trip.

12 Likes

Looks like y’all are having a good time. I’m gonna have to try that ice cream sandwich; looks delicious.
If you are out and about for a golf cart ride and have time, can you ride through the 800 loop to see how busy it is? We are coming down on 8/5 and are hoping to get an early check in at about 10:00 am if the site is open. If it’s pretty busy in that loop I am probably going to book it for the day before as well to ensure we will just be able to go straight to the site. We will have our dogs with us so I am not leaving the RV in the overflow lot with the generator running until we get back from the parks. If the generator was to stop for some reason the dogs would cook in the heat before we get back. Not worth the risk to me. If you don’t have time no worries but I wasn’t sure if y’all go for rides at night or not.

1 Like

Glad she was able to overcome her fears and enjoy it. Most kids never get to do something like that. We are hoping to go horseback riding when we are down. The kids have been wanting to go but timing has never allowed. Maybe this time will be different.

1 Like

We stayed in this loop the first time we stayed at FW. It’s a big loop, so it was busy then - 2004 I think it was.

We usually went right to our campsite, but we’ve never checked in until 2 pm.

We can’t let life hold us back. Have a great time live laugh love

2 Likes

That is the best thing about this trip. We are taking time to smell the roses, enjoy the small things, and try things we normally would not take the time to do.

This has been a different pace and one I have enjoyed immensely. We needed this as a family.

6 Likes

What great words to live by!

Will see what time we get back tonight. There are. Lot of the camping loops shut down. Camping side looks slow. Cabins appear very full in our area, I am assuming a lot from moves like us. But I have to guess that camping is much slower than normal.

I’m in the UK and pretty fed up as our holiday of a lifetime to Disney in August has been cancelled :cry:.
However, I’m loving reading your reports - I don’t blame you for taking advantage of less crowds, you’ve been able to do so much without the stress of queues and fast pass, I’m envious!
Tell me honestly, what’s it like wearing a mask pretty much all day in the parks? We only wear them when popping into shops here and they feel pretty hot - can only imagine how it feels in the Florida heat!

1 Like

Thanks again for your great reports! Have you had any trouble popping into A/C shops in the parks whenever you want to escape the heat? Or are they limiting guests in the shops? This is how we usually survive our summer trips to WDW. We travel through shops as much as possible to get from Point A to Point B, and when the family wants to ride an attraction that I don’t, I hang out in a shop to wait for them.

2 Likes