Retirement ( Pre ) Trip Report includes DAS

Love the pace of your trip! There’s so much time to stop and enjoy the moments and for surprises that come along the way! :wink:

4 Likes

2 days from now we will be at the GCH!

Still need to pack but we have pulled out the clothes and most of the other stuff so should be good to finish tomorrow.

Tomorrow we need to take our two dogs to the kennel. We are going to miss them so much and them not understanding is going to be hard. However, we have been telling them we are coming back and will give them things that have our scent on them. Dropping them off around 2-2:30 pm.

9 Likes

2 days!!

Poor dog babies. Just think how happy they will be when you do return though —might make reentry back home a bit easier :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping.

3 Likes

Just got the boarding pass notification. Our newly received TSA pre check shows up on it so I think we are all set!

Just enjoying some final cuddle time with the doxies before continuing to pack etc.

10 Likes

We have dropped the dogs off. :sob::sob::sob::sob: I wish there was a way to let them know we are coming back. This never gets easier but they were finally feeling home here. I made sure there are plenty of things with our scents on them. The place looked wonderful and the people loved Zeus and Athena.

Now I need to finish packing and do a few other things.

10 Likes

Safe travels!

2 Likes

I’m so excited for you!!! You are almost there :heart:

2 Likes

It sounds like the doggos will be in great hand while you’re gone & you’ve been so great to give them the stuff with your scent so that they’re as happy as they can be & if I know anything about dogs, they’ll be overjoyed to see you & hold no hard feelings once you return.

I’m so excited for you! Enjoy & safe travels! If you need any last minute help with any of your plans or even on the ground, don’t hesitate to ask! Or be phone-free & enjoy & report back when you’re home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I needed to hear that about the dogs. I’m going to try a semi-live report…:woman_shrugging::crossed_fingers::grin:

3 Likes

Alice, I saw your note about using DAS for Rise with ? And that there had been varying reports. Just wondering about that and what it means. Have some people not been allowed to use DAS on Rise?

This is the note I am referring to.

Yes. In a FB group I’m in. Person she wasn’t able to select it. Many others stated it worked for them. :woman_shrugging: We will be prepared either way.

3 Likes

Porgy says he’s ready to go!

Packing completed except for the morning things. One big suitcase, one carryon and personal item bag and a backpack. Hoping I haven’t gotten something important. Packing with medical conditions is another level.

Getting up at our regular breakfast time 6 am central. Need to leave the house by 7:15 to get to DFIL where we will park our car and get a ride to the airport (10 mins away). Flight is at 10:35 am.

Will I sleep tonight? Survey says…not likely or not much but that’s ok. Disneyland tomorrow :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Woo hoo! Have a fantastic time!

2 Likes

We used DAS in WDW in July without a problem.

1 Like

Safe travels! Will this be the TR or are you starting a new one? I don’t want to get behind :grin:

2 Likes

Just started a new one!!

3 Likes

Hmmm. It worked for us in April. But that was six months ago. I hope it works for you this time!

1 Like

FYI my TR is semi-live

4 Likes