Resort Repeat Rates

I’ll say that CBR hasn’t seen any sort of significant uptick in satisfaction rates. Soooooo, yeah.

2 Likes

Ok, looks like speculation has petered out, so let’s get into some results. The overall average repeat rate is 22%-ish.
Top 4:
Pop Century - a WHOPPING 41.6% repeat rate. Holy moly.
BoardWalk Villas - 30.4% repeat rate
Cabins at FW - 25.5% repeat rate
All-Star Sports - 25.0% (my guess is this was competition repeat visitors? Maybe)

7 Likes

Bottom 2 break my heart.
AKL - Jambo - 11.6% repeat rate :sob:
AKL - Kidani - 14.9% repeat rate

6 Likes

Fascinating!

That is especially surprising considering the poll we had where AKL reigned supreme.

4 Likes

So I have only stayed at BCV, BWV, and Pop but if I only stayed at BWV and Pop I would be perfectly happy every trip.

1 Like

Agree.

2 Likes

Shocked!!

3 Likes

Isn’t it interesting? I totally didn’t expect it. I thought more DVC home resorts would be in the top. And those AKL numbers are really really low.

3 Likes

Well, the good news is that for those of us who love it there it shouldn’t be hard to get a reservation if only 10% of people would stay there again :laughing:

9 Likes

I have yet to stay at a resort that I wouldn’t return to, but where I stay is based upon the purpose of the trip,

POR (4x) - Far prefer AB over Mansions and perfect when our kids were a lot younger and the toddler could sleep on the trundle bed w/o fear of them falling.
Wilderness Lodge (3x) - Affordable Deluxe, close to MK, and LOVE the theming. We stay here for celebration trips when we want to splurge a little bit.
YC/BC (1x) - Did one night after a cruise, no parks. Loved the pool. Would return again for a night or two at the end of a long stay to relax before heading home, but cannot rationalize as the only location for a trip due to cost.
Pop - (1x) - Really enjoyed our stay here. Just me and the kids, not sure I would choose it for a full on family trip (usually choose a moderate or deluxe) but really love it for solo and smaller trips.

My next trip is at AoA, just me and dd.

Resorts on my interested to stay at sometime list are, POFQ, Poly, & AKL. Not overly interested in most of the others. I mean if someone granted me a free trip I would be fine anywhere but as cool as BLT sounds, it is WAAAAAAAY out of our price range as are most DVC resorts w/o having DVC.

4 Likes

Pop is absolutely PERFECT for a solo trip or for a budget-friendly trip with just two people. Beyond that it gets squishy, especially if all of the people are adult-sized

4 Likes

The kids were 12 and 17 (birthday during trip) so it worked out okay. It was worth paying less for our resort and splurging on other fun stuff like DAH at MK on dd’s birthday and a fireworks cruise the night before! Both were a far better use of our funds! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love your reasoning. We also can’t afford DVC, but we always rent points and it usually ends up being cheaper to rent at a DVC than to book a Moderate direct (even with promotions). DH and I stayed at AOA once and then at Pop several times when it was just the two of us. We were rope drop until after close touring people, so we just needed a bed to collapse into. Now that we have kids and our touring style has slowed down, the room itself is much more important.

8 Likes

I’m staying at POP for my solo trip in August (also ASMo for the first couple of nights). I’m on a budget and I will not be spending much time in my room so it didn’t seem worthwhile to blow a bunch of money on a moderate or deluxe. I’d rather spend the money on nice meals and souvenirs.

Having said that, I’m already thinking of the trip after and for that trip I’m going to start out at either the All-Stars or POP and end at WL. (Maybe with POFQ in the middle but that may wait until another trip).

3 Likes

If I could afford it, I’d always stay at the Poly. We’d probably only be able to go once a decade or less if we wanted to do a week there again, though. Then again, I’ve occasionally seen some great DVC rental deals on the dedicated/confirmed reservations pages of David’s and DVC Rental Store, so maybe we’ll get back someday. This next trip we’re camping at Ft. Wilderness, though, because we can’t wait to get back. :grin:

2 Likes

…or, those of us who stay at value resorts budget to be able to go on more trips by staying at value resorts :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

so Interesting. Its funny how people LOVE pop. The only reason I stay here is its the cheapest skyliner resort. I hate the theming. I like ASM much better.

1 Like

So I’ve really only ever stayed at a few resorts:
AKL- once. with my in-laws. The buses I thought were terrible (and so was the company to be honest) So I probably would stay here for an extended trip where there was more time budgeted.
ASM- stayed here plenty, price is right, would stay again.
AOA- one of our faves. Love the skyliner, the Cars area and the cafeteria never disappointed (well, now with covid it does, but that’s temporary hopefully!) have stayed here 2 or 3 times and have a trip booked.
POP Meh. don’t really like it, but will stay because of skyliner/price
CBR- really enjoyed this resort (our first moderate) rooms need updates though, but love the space and atmosphere. food was adequate and skyliner was great. Loved that you can walk to the riveria. Very “resort” type feel. I felt isolated which was great. have stayed 3 times and would stay again.

next year we will be adding OKW to the list (currently closing on a resale). I’ve heard great things. I’m at the point now where we do longer, relaxed trips so I think it will be a great add.

I’d love to stay at the MK resorts, but given the choice I’d probably choose the EPCOT/HS area because MK is furthest away from everything.

2 Likes

I’m with you - we found Poly for $10/point in January and went for it because we knew we’d probably never be able to afford it again. It was fun, but not something I’d pay tons of money for to repeat.

3 Likes