Resort Repeat Rates

I went through surveys and pulled all users who had submitted surveys for more than one stay. I used that to ask the following question:
I just finished a stay at Resort X. There is a AA.A% chance that my next visit will also be at Resort X. So, no information about whether I liked it or not. Just, this stay is at Resort X and my next stay is at the same exact resort.

Anyone wanna discuss which resorts you think have the highest and lowest repeat rates?

3 Likes

Oh! That sounds interesting. Will you break them up by category and if you are, will dvc be included or separated from deluxe?

1 Like

I think FQ will have a high repeat rate!

4 Likes

Including all category types. Just comparing each resort to itself. For example,
I just stayed at AOA. There’s a xx.x% chance my next stay will also be at AOA.
I just stayed at BLT. There’s a different yy.y% chance my next stay will also be at BLT.

Numerator is people whose next stay was at the same resort, denominator is total number of people that had a second stay (no matter which on-property resort it was).

1 Like

I bet Pop, PORFQ, and BC will have very high repeat rates.

ASMusic, CSR (excluding GDT), and SSR may have the lowest.

1 Like

I guess I just expect that the percentage of people that say they will return to the All Stars would be lower than the deluxes.

I agree with @Jennifer_B_568600 that PORFQ would have a high return rate. I believe Len once said CBR had very low return rates but maybe the skyliner has helped?

2 Likes

We would definitely stay at AOA again (stayed twice already). But we are a party of 6 so there are not many non-DVC choices that are one suite and affordable for us. I think many people would feel the same way. For our next trip, we will probably be a party of 4 or 5, so the equation will change… when we stayed at POR years ago we enjoyed that.

1 Like

Resorts we stayed at more than once, on purpose: ASM, POFQ, CSR. Places I don’t want to ever go back to are POP, CBR. While I’m here I have no desire to ever stay at RR b/c is too sterile, blah and over priced for the lack of theming.

1 Like

Can’t wait to read this one!

Our repeat favorites are BC, YC, BW, and CSR (GDT) and AKL. Our never stay again right now is GF, Pop and POFQ - POFQ gets a ton of love, so I think we just had an off stay. Right now, DS and DH swear never to return but I am hoping to give it another shot one day without them.

2 Likes

My tops for definitely stay again are Poly and AKL (Jambo)
My never want to stay again is ASMo

4 Likes

Interesting to think about. In some ways, I think the values would be visited by folks who are trying to afford a once in a lifetime trip, and so wouldn’t return…but they are excluded from the calculation. So those who return there would be those who want to save money for a return trip.

On the other hand, those who keep coming back over and over probably have more disposable income and may be more likely to want to be choosier. So, I guess I would lean toward the park resorts, such as Poly, GF, Contemporary, BC, YC, or BW. Not sure people would return to Contemporary…location is great, but theming bland. GF is probably too expensive.

I suppose I will settle on BC as my top guess. But there is something to be said about the moderates.

(Can you tell…I really have no idea?). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is fun! I promise I won’t make you wait to read some of the results. My Wednesday article this week is already written and analyzes slightly different data (favorite resorts for first-time visitors vs multi-repeat visitors). So by the end of the day I’ll at least reveal the top 4 and bottom 2, because that’s where the interesting stuff is.

Hints:
The bottom two are a DVC and a Deluxe
There are two values in the top 4

3 Likes

I would expect that the size of SSR would put people off. I remember my first stay there. I kept on saying to my family “I thought POR was spread out”.

1 Like

I agree. And SSR is just so blah. Maybe it’s nicer since refurb but it’s definitely at the bottom on my list of where to book for my DVC stays for most visits. Exception would be a heavily DS-focused trip (which is what the only stay I’ve had there was for)

2 Likes

I must have weird friends, because my first inclination is to believe GF and Poly are the most popular “repeat” resorts. Those are the places my friends go back to again and again. I’ve never stayed at either of them.

I’m going to repeat a stay at the BWI this September; I first stayed there in July 2000, and ever since, it’s been my favorite resort.

But I’ve stayed at the Pop Century several times for short trips with my friends as well as “first night” stayovers with my family, and I guess it’s kind of a nostalgic favorite because I’ve had so many good times there. Sure, it’s not fancy, but it’s very, very OK in my opinion.

And finally, I really loved POFQ and would stay there again in a heartbeat. They just won’t open up and let me!!!

1 Like

AKL seems to have devoted fans and my personal pick is FQ, I never want to stay anywhere else.

4 Likes

This is my exact answer.
I knew I liked you for a reason, lol! :wink::rofl:

2 Likes

FQ is my DH favorite and I like it too.

2 Likes

Hmm. I would guess Top 4 - AoA and Pop for values, GF and Poly.
Bottom 2 - AKL (it pains me to add this, but I think the transportation/distance issues could be a reason some choose not to stay here again) and SSR as others have suggested.