Resort Repeat Rates

I think the opposite, actually. I think once people give it a try and see that it really is not that big a deal at all and what you get for going that little extra distance (which is an amazing resort which could be a destination all its own), people are more willing to go back. I think it’s getting them to give it that first try that’s the challenge.

3 Likes

I agree. I’ve timed the bus rides to MK, and it’s really no different that when you’re at GF or the Poly trying to go to AK or HS.
It’s the deliberate remote feel that makes people think they’re spending longer on transportation than they are.

4 Likes

<<<Insert my schpiel about Disney transport maxxing out at 20 minutes (once aboard) from any location across the resort>>>

2 Likes

Maybe we just had terrible luck when we stayed there January 2020. I loved the hotel, but I wouldn’t stay there on its own without doing a split stay to minimize the transportation/distance. I like being able to walk to HS and EP from the Crescent Lake resorts.

2 Likes

Keep in mind you were staying during unusual times. Give it a go again in the future when things are totally back to normal

1 Like

I’m loving these data analysis articles! Keep them coming!

My thoughts:

• Based on my personal experience with resorts, I would be most likely to repeat at Beach Club (Yacht Club and Boardwalk are similar so I expect they would be close behind). Poly seems like it has a loyal fanbase and is widely popular. POFQ is a solid option for moderates. I have never stayed in a Value but my impression is that AofA and Pop would be higher.
  • Wilderness Lodge and AKL were both great, but I think I will throw them into the mix from time to time (not recurring) due to their somewhat remote locations. Contempo will be a very rare treat due to price.
  • I stayed at OKW a long time ago and didn’t want to go back because the resort was so sprawling. If I was renting a car, that wouldn’t bother me as much. I imagine SSR, CBR, POR, and CSR get a similar response. GF felt too hoity toity to me. The All Stars probably don’t get much repeat business other than maybe ASSports.
  • I’m very curious where Fort Wilderness Cabins and Campground fall into the mix. Riviera is too new to make a repeats list.
3 Likes

My guess is

Top4 - Pop, AoA, Contemporary, Caribbean
Bottom 2- AK and SSR.

My thinking is that location and skyliner may have made some of those top 4 possible. So maybe people are going by location and ease of access to parks. Which would be the same for the bottom 2 since they don’t have the easiest access. Just my thoughts but could be way off. Also I think people that spend a premium and don’t love the resort are more willing to try but when staying at value or moderate you have less of an expectation

I can see SSR being in the bottom for location, as well as the old rooms. I do wonder if, with the almost completed room refurbishments, if that will change. The new rooms are awesome looking. Can’t do much about the location handicap, though.

I meant January 2020.

Oh. Well that’s a horse of a different color :smiley:

1 Like

The thing about the Skyliner is that it opened in late 2019 and then the pandemic happened, so there isn’t a huge pool of people who had a trip in late 2019 - March 2020 and has been again since then (or have gone twice during the pandemic). I mean there is probably a decent pool, but just a question of how many of those filled out a survey and how significant that is in proportion to all respondents.

1 Like

I have actually timed the buses and it has always taken me twice as long to get to HS from the Poly as it does from AKL.

3 Likes

:laughing:

That’s hilarious, actually. Stowing that tid bit away for future bus discussions. Will provide credit as due :wink:

2 Likes

20 minutes IF the bus does not then drive to a second resort and do another pick up.

2 Likes

My guess is the Rv sites at FW have the most repeats. Once you’ve bought an RV you’re looking to use it as often as possible and no other options exist for it onsite.

3 Likes

I still say that Len reported on Disney Dish that CBR was by far the lowest rated resort….

2 Likes

Oh gosh you’re gonna make me schpiel about how all of the resorts are grouped for max efficiency (or kept as solo — such as AKL) without going over that 20 minute max most of the time, aren’t you?
:wink:

2 Likes

I wonder, though, if that changes now with Skyliner

(was this already asked? I can’t keep up LOL)

2 Likes

Poly to HS one afternoon was 28 minutes. The bus picked us up, tried to get into the GF parking lot ( December) loaded, and then went to HS.

2 Likes

Has enough at the resort been open in the last year to significantly change the experience?