Resort Pricing. Gah!

Pricing out a trip for November or December and shocked by the prices. $850 for CBR, $1200 for BWV, etc. Different (high) prices plugging in different dates. Availability is low, thus the pricing. I guess.
The lowest I have found thus far for deluxe is Saratoga @ $472. I’m not opposed to staying there, but gah! :astonished: Hoping for a discount code. And wondering if those who don’t know any better are actually forking out that type of money. :eyes:
Ideally, I would like to stay at GF, Riviera or a Boardwalk Resort. I’m not opposed to a mod - just want to do something different. First world problems - I know … :blush:

2 Likes

I would book now and try and modify later when a discount is released.

2 Likes

I’m no help, just being sympathetic. We’re going for the first time in 15 years this September, and I’m absolutely shocked at how much the prices have risen. A coffee cup used to be $6; now it’s $17. For a mug?! Does it wash itself? No, it’s just really cute. But $17???

I’m planning on a lot shared burgers to keep costs down, and I can forget about cocktails this trip. I’ll just keep a bottle of vodka in the fridge back at the room!

I hope you find your discount code!!!

5 Likes

I would book what you’re comfortable paying if there is no discount. The rack rate pricing is a huge shock for those that never book without a discount. Disney doesn’t do variable pricing based on demand. That’s what the prices for those time frame have been since the rate calendar was released last year.
Discounts are only released if rooms aren’t selling. Demand has been ultra high this year. Myself and many of the other TAs on the board have been seeing tons of inquiries and bookings and lots of things are already sold out that typically aren’t. The few discounts that have come out have been very targeted and not all that amazing. I wouldn’t count on getting a discount in the holiday season at all.

8 Likes

This is why we are staying at a value resort and getting 2 rooms. Prices have been going up a lot in the last several years. We had gotten CBR for around $200 a night with free DDP back in 2016. Now it’s over $300. If we go to Disney again as a family in the future, we will be staying off site. This is our last on-site trip. We are going the weekend after Thanksgiving this year.

4 Likes

Lots of people that take annual vacations, didn’t last year. So they have that money to burn. People will happily pay rack rate and be grateful for a room.

5 Likes

This.

I do think they might offer something - just so they can say they did - but it will be miniscule and probably extremely focused date-wise and resort-wise.

3 Likes

Yeah, like “save 20% on pirate rooms at CBR.” They love to push that one bc it’s one of the least popular rooms on property.

3 Likes

They got me with that one in early 2020. Loved the resort, but disliked the pirate room. Immensely. :laughing:

1 Like

This can’t be right?

2 Likes

That’s what I said. Don’t remember the dates I searched, but if I find it again I will share. I also recall for that same date GF being $2200 per night.

1 Like

A moderate at over $400? Do they have 1 bedroom suites like CSR?

All DVC owners are geniuses.

5 Likes

I don’t disagree, being one myself, but why do you say this? Because of this rack rate report?

If CBR is $850 a night rack rate- and generally a good moderate discount is 20-25%……

Are you sure it didn’t switch to showing package prices? Because even Christmas week isn’t showing that high. I know sometimes when the site gets glitchy it will switch from room only prices to package prices regardless of what you were initially searching for.
Because looking at the rate calendar, there is never ever a day at CBR that is $850.

1 Like

My last post did not post…

A 30% discount on that room would still be $595 plus tax.

2 Likes

And in 2018 I paid $800 for 8 days at ASM (preferred room, mil disc.). When we go to be in the parks the room isn’t important. I can’t remember how much I paid for GC in Dec 2019 but it had a 40% mil discount.

1 Like