Resort Pricing. Gah!

I just walked through a 1-week stay moving each start/end date by one day from the week before thanksgiving through the new year and I did not find anything that remotely resembled the prices quoted up top. I think that @ninjasherrie is right - it switched to showing package price or full stay price vs per night. CBR shows a max of about $405, the deluxes mostly run in the 700-900 range per night, and the only two outliers I found was GF from $2339/nt 11/28-12/5 and YC for $2593/nt from 12/11-12/18 (confirmed these are per night not package).

3 Likes

I could see 2300 a night at the gf for some of the suites, dvc cash units, etc.

2 Likes

Also wanted to say that this is a totally normal price for that resort, and for the other “low end” deluxes.

Also to my knowledge, Disney hotel pricing is not dynamic like many others are, in that the pricing does not change to reflect decreasing availability. In other words the price doesn’t go up as availability goes down in the same way that it does with other hotel chains.

5 Likes

Which may be all that’s available for that particular date range which was over thanksgiving.

1 Like

Right. That was what I meant to say, but didn’t, lol.

Speaking of pricing, is there any specific benefit to booking a package with tickets as opposed to a room only with separate tickets? When I made my reservations for my trip that was supposed to be May 2020 I did room only in part because I got a really good ticket discount through ADP’s Lifemart benefit. Are there any perks that I’m missing out on by not booking a package?

Ability to cancel is the only one really. If you buy tickets seperate, they’re non refundable. The value remains, but if you need that money, that doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s what I thought but I just wanted to check that I wasn’t missing out on something! :joy:

I don’t know if this would work right now, but my plan was always to find whatever I could get with the coupon I had (in my case, the military discount, but there are a lot of similar offers during normal times). I would book what I could get, and then call back periodically to see if something else opened up with the same dates and coupon. I managed to get something I really wanted every time. It did take some persistence however, waiting for cancellations–just like waiting for people to cancel on dining and FPP.

3 Likes

Travel revenge thanks to the COVID vaccine!

3 Likes

My vote would be Disney tech glitch…not like those ever happen :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think I’m the one weirdo that absolutely loved the pirate room. I thought the bed was incredibly comfortable (I definitely only got that room on one of those 20% specials too) and would stay there again in a second. :laughing:

2 Likes

I bit the bullet and booked a package at SSR. Fingers crossed for a discount and that they will allow the modification. This trip is nearly double the others - without the dining plan attached to it. I’m not complaining - just thinking out loud. Sure, I could scale down the resort, but I’ve stayed at all the mods and it’s my goal to get to all of the deluxe resorts. Please tell me what you like about SSR. I like that it has a balcony and the buses aren’t shared with other resorts.

5 Likes

I love the pools and the walk to Disney Springs!

3 Likes

The walk to DS is one of the best things.

3 Likes

The pools, walk to DS, the grounds, and Artist’s Palette is surprisingly good quick service.

2 Likes

Sorry the trip is so expensive!! But I am so happy to follow along on another one of your trips!!

2 Likes