Reservation Finder Rant- How do people book so fast?

I seriously wouldn’t even bother.

I know LOL - it is just my crazy coming through.
I intend to get there early and I am sure that my 8:20 ADR will be fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be honest I’d probably be the same :joy:

1 Like

AARGH! I got so excited that an alert came through for “BREAKFAST” at Tucker House on the 8th…

But it was for 11:20 - which is NOT breakfast. Breakfast ends at 10:55!!! :frowning:

Reset with a time of 8:30 which should keep it firmly in the timeframe of breakfast. I’ll just keep an eye out on my own for 9:30-10:55 (since as I understand it the window with a specific time of 8:30 would search 7:30-9:30).

2 Likes

Being that you are my trip twin Im betting you are trying to go to Epcot on 9/5? I have a GG res for 8:00am that I am using :slight_smile: I also double booked and got an Akershus for 8:00am.

@lizzieanne771 @ajcraw102 Be ready to jump. I think we are in that pretrip window where people are getting rid of reservations. My finder has been going off a little more lately. I missed a HS sci fi dinner res this morning but grabbed a HS sci fi lunch that came through right behind it. And as you saw above, I finally got my Ohana ADR after months of waiting.

Im am still tweaking my ADR’s like a crazy person as well.

3 Likes

Yep!

I’m also checking on my own since I know that it’s not a bot that constantly checks but people who do the checking.

Miracles can happen! Sunday I got my friends who are joining me for the day on my MK day FP+ for Mine Train - just not where our windows overlapped - but they were close enough we had a plan in place. This morning, I checked and got them into a slot where we have about 20 minutes of overlap!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Breakfast found!!! On my own - by looking for 3. Modified it down to 1!

I’ll keep an eye to see if I can tweak the time a bit, but WOOHOO!!!

6 Likes

Yay!

3 Likes

After missing like 5 finally got an Earlier BOG reservation I had been hoping for. There is hope!

4 Likes

Not trying to challenge you but I am just curious if you have a source for that as I would like to read and understand the Reservation Finder more. I am shocked to hear its not a bot. Why wouldn’t it be a bot? That seems like the easiest and most logical way of doing it.

1 Like

I have read it before - I forget where.

But just from my experience, I have often found things before being notified. If it were a bot, I would assume it would be constantly checking and that would not happen.

1 Like

The source is @lentesta, who runs TP! He also worked with Disney to meet all of their other requirements to allow the reservation finder to continue to function, unlike the sites that did indeed use bots to do the work and would not compromise on other limitations.

They have a team who run searches at regular intervals through the day.

4 Likes

So sounds like Disney prohibits the use of bots if I am understanding you, which makes sense. Wow ok, well that just makes me appreciate the Reservation Finder that much more. Thanks for the info!

1 Like
3 Likes

This may have been said but this has worked for me now 3 times. The most recent was this morning. I was looking for an earlier reservation for one I already had though. When I received the text, I logged into my MDE app and modified my reservation. The time that the Reservation Finder found, popped up and I grabbed it. I’m so happy it worked. I wasn’t looking forward to an 8:00 dinner after being up since 4:30. We would have powered through though.

ETA: I hope you found the reservations you were looking for, it’s almost trip time. Yay, have fun!

2 Likes

I have a question regarding the Finder…why is there a notes field when it is ignored?

I’m still trying to get the ideal eating time for Ohana, and I have note saying “nothing before 5PM please”, THREE TIMES now it has come back with earier times than 5. Now I have to restart the thing again.

I appreciate the service, but c’mon…the notes are there for a reason.

Your request is not being done in isolation. There could be 200 people looking for Ohana on the day you are looking for.

Maybe the notes are for you?

If you search on MDE for a specific time, it searches for a reservation between an hour before and an hour after.

Therefore, if you want after 5pm, you enter 6pm as your time. The search will then be for 5-7pm. Do the same on the reservation finder.

4 Likes

Ugh, long day and I’m an idiot. I knew that’s how the system worked, but for some dumb reason I never thought to put the search at 6pm.

Still doesn’t really clear up the notes thing though. Are the notes for us or them? I don’t think it specifically says anywhere. Still… if they keep ignoring it: there is my answer.

1 Like

The notes are for you. Travel agents may have dozens of searches going on at the same time. The notes help them remember which clients they’re for.

1 Like