I love Portofino! I’ll keep those dates in mind (we actually have Universal tickets that are good until December).
We have a short trip planned for mid-August. Our main goal is to experience rides we can’t do at Disneyland which we frequent fairly often (I don’t want to tell you how many days I was there from October 2018 - January 2020.) So as long as we can do those rides, we would probably still go. These include but are not limited to FOP, Navi River Journey, EE, 7DMT, MMRR, SDD, and RNRC.
Of course there are other factors for us such as: can we non-rev (fly standby ie. no/low cost); is Florida doing okay with C-19 numbers; is my state in phase 3 which allows for nonessential travel (may be key for work reasons); can we envision wearing masks in heat and humidity we are very, VERY unaccustomed to in our temperate Pacific NW climate. My main worry is will we have enough data to make the decision by our pay or cancel date.
I just thought of something else that would make me cancel September besides the mask rule: Less of an experience at MNSSHP.
I didn’t pay 100% which is one of the reasons I don’t mind so much. I got a 35% off deal at AKL through UT, and am using a combo of complimentary tickets and convention tickets, which are discounted also. I’d estimate I paid 65-70% of rack rate. And some of the things they’re cutting are not things we care about anyway, like parades and fireworks.
Makes total sense. My trip is actually to DLR for the first time ever. I don’t feel confident about my Sept. date. Really, we’d like DLR to be open for a month before we go. Not out of concern, but I just don’t want to be the “test” group for how procedures are going to operate. (I was already worried about a RotR BG!!)
If we don’t know what DLR is going to do by Mid-Oct/Halloween going to Universal is about 65% less than the cost of a DLR trip. I can replenish those funds and, basically, bump all my Disney related plans for a year. (I’ll probably miss the 50th unless they make it one of those multi-year “anniversaries”.)
I have been wondering what they are going to do about the parties. They start in August. No parades and no fireworks would DEFINITELY mean no party for me. And if there are no parties then my entire week of TPs/ADRs changes!! Argh.
I have fears that Disneyland won’t reopen until 2021 sometime. I hope I’m wrong!
For the most part, the 20% we won’t be getting are the things we skip when we go anyhow. So we aren’t impacted much in that regard.
On the TP live stream yesterday, Guy Selga indicated that Sept was the earliest TP has been hearing that DLR will consider opening. I do think they’ll be open 2020, I’m just not confident it’ll be before November / Thanksgiving
A few weeks ago I posted on here about wearing a mask while shopping made me think I didn’t want to go back to WDW if I had to wear a mask.
On Monday, we booked a short trip for the last week of July to celebrate my birthday and I am getting really excited. We’re AP holders so the cost is lower. However we are planning just a few days of relaxing poolside, have a couple of nice meals and a little park time. Don’t need the big crowds for the fireworks or parade, usually we avoid them to begin with. Don’t do meet and greets or character dining. This could work out pretty well for us.
I am 100% on board with what @Wahoohokie mentioned and what others have added. We are ok without parade and fireworks and meets. We’ve done them so much and they aren’t deal breakers for us. I know the resorts will be grand and the pools will be open and all will be good as long as we can keep our ADR’s and such.
Now, what is killing me not to know, and what would be the absolute deal breaker for us is the WATER PARKS!!! Why haven’t they mentioned the water parks along with the regular theme parks. Its making me frustrated. So, if anyone hears anything concrete about TL and BB give me a tag, or a mention. Thanks!
I’m a fan of TL & BB too! At least those are separate offerings and you won’t be charged if they aren’t available.
While I’ve been many times too, a trip to WDW for my family isn’t complete without fireworks and characters. But that’s just us. We have 0% interest in pools & resorts. - maybe I should start asking for a $10 per day resort discount or gift card if i promise not to use the pool. (Kinda like how they do for housekeeping!)
Well unfortunately not for us as I’ve already shelled out for the Hopper Plus tickets to give us 6 park days with hopper as well as 6 water park days. So yeah, if TL and BB aren’t open I’ll be asking for a bit more than $10 a day. But I love your thought process though!
I can’t fathom that they wouldn’t let you downgrade to just a standard Park Hopper.
I definitely assume you are right but unfortunately I think the water parks would be a deal breaker for us. We love them. My youngest just reached 48" barefoot so he super excited to ride every slide. Time will tell…booked for sept and backup in nov so trying to take it a day at a time.
We got annual passes for the family in January, and visited almost every weekend. We had our first 60 day fast pass hotel visist planned for May, but that didnt a happen. We have another set up for mid-August. But now I am starting to be annoyed by the lack of information. Will i need to have reservations, can i get reservations for every day of my trip?
You and me both!
In typical Disney fashion, they are giving out the info piece by piece. I’d wager we’ll see the first round of “reservation information” e-mail hitting inboxes ASAP. (Probably within the next 24 - 48 hours)
From the way they are wording it, I’m going to bet that Park Hoppers aren’t going to be a thing. I’m only guessing… however, the verbiage makes it sound like you’ll pick one park each day to visit. If you bought 10 days worth of tickets, I’d assume you’ll get to go to a single park each day of your trip.
By limiting park hopping WDW can have more control over capacity as well as Labor / Payroll
And now you see why they haven’t said anything.
Unless they can answer all the questions all at once they are doomed.
I don’t think they’d have released this much if they didn’t have to present to OC and be on public record. I think they know what they will do and when and have just been waiting for things to line up to release the information
We are going to cancel our October back up trip from this May and going with our back up trip next May. Hopefully. We already have tickets and airline (southwest) tickets purchased. I plan on going when the parks are as close to normal as possible.