Reopening Limited Experience

Now, that we have a reopening date and procedures how soon do you want to go?

I don’t have much trepidation about being there, but I don’t want to pay full price if there’s no fireworks / shows / character meetings and etc… I’m not seeing any “deals” yet even though you won’t be getting a full experience. I’d go ASAP if they dropped the price for what is going to be offered.

I have three deposits for travel dates (Sept. / Nov. / Dec.) and will decide on which date based on when operations / entertainment are as close to 100% as possible. (and of course if nothing worsens)

If this is how WDW / DLR will operate in 2020, then my DD & I are thinking about going to Universal in December. (Not in an “angry” way or anything… We go there for explicitly rides and WWOHP so I wouldn’t feel like I’m “missing out” on anything at USF/IOA. Plus, Hagrid’s wasn’t open yet in 2019 when I was there)

1 Like

I’m not going back until everything is normal. Of course, we weren’t planning a trip this year anyway so that’s an easy decision for me

6 Likes

Sept 2021 is my next trip. I want to wait for as normal as possible. I was going this September but I decided to wait.

I need to make up the money lost during all of this. Plus I want a more normal experience.

1 Like

We have a trip this November/December and as of now, it’s still on.
My son hates parades and fireworks, so we don’t care if those aren’t back when we go.
It will be difficult if there’s still no character interactions, but we’ll make it work.
We’re just going to roll with it as best we can and just think of it as a unique memory.

The only thing that would make us reschedule is if there’s a big resurgence of Covid in the winter.

2 Likes

All things going on as planned, I will be arriving at Pop Century July 16th (i’ll drive this time instead of fly) and my first park day will be July 17th. I do not have kids and i wasn’t planning on this being a “Disney trip”, it’s more a “hanging out with my friend who lives outside of Orlando/ girls trip”

1 Like

I have no issue going with limited experiences. We have been a lot, and seen things like the parades and fireworks many, many times. I can live without those. Also, we don’t really care about the characters, so no meets is not a big deal. We usually go to a couple different character meals like Tusker House and Garden Grill, but that is mostly because we like the food, and the characters are extra. We never really see them in the parks, except on occasion we will go see Mickey at his meet.
We have a possible trip booked at the end of July, and the restrictions announced today don’t really concern me. Now if we cannot use our perfect ADRs and FPP, that would be an issue for us. I am waiting to see how this reservation thing works. If we are able to reserve our 8 days in the parks easily, we would be more likely to go. If not, or we are limited to 1 or 2 days over a week, then I am not interested in that. Also, if for some reason Disneyland is able to open in July, we would choose to go there for many reasons. We have an onsite stay there, and tickets, and the weather is better plus it was our original plan. WDW/UOR is the backup. I have no issue going to either coast this summer solely based on the limited experience or the risk of Covid.

8 Likes

We already had a late July trip planned and we plan on still going at this point. Like @Wahoohokie we go frequently enough that limited experiences don’t bother any of us. We have great ADRs and FPs and I would be disappointed if we couldn’t use those. We have planned a four parks in one day and it sounds like that probably won’t happen. We have also planned several days of relaxing at the pool at the resort so I do hope the pools open.

2 Likes

We are 50/50 right now on whether we will go on our planned October trip. Depends on what happens over the next few months.

DW and I have already decided, however, that if we cancel this year’s Disney trip, we will apply a good portion of the 2020 Disney vacation budget to our already planned 2021 Disney trip. That will mean a bunch of fun “extras” in 2021. So even though we will be disappointed about cancelling, at least it will give us something extra special to look forward to for the 2021 trip.

7 Likes

It would be weird if the pools aren’t open, they seem safer to me than the main parks with the high chlorine level. I always wish people would stay away from us in the pool, so a socially distanced pool visit actually sounds way better than the usual mess of people coming too close to us. :laughing: We have APs at UOR, so I guess we can always head over there to Volcano Bay if we really want to swim. Hopefully the resort pools will be open though.

2 Likes

Just posted in another thread…DVC email I just received about reopening mentions measures for distancing at pools. So I’d guess they will be open.

5 Likes

Sounds great.

2 Likes

IMHO - based only on what I know now, it seems like you are still paying 100% and getting 80% and no one seems to notice or care because they are "grateful" to go.

I’d like to see my package price go down like $10 per person / day or something. :money_mouth_face:

Plus, until I know exactly how the “reservation” system is going to work I’m definitely waiting. I don’t want to plan a 7 day trip and only be allowed into each park once during the trip or something. :thinking:

4 Likes

Pretty much 100% all of this.

We have a family trip booked 8/28-9/6 and for now it stands
I have a trip with my daughter, her 16th bday trip, booked for 10/15-19, and for now it stands.

Both trips will depend, at this point, more on our sense of safety for travel than on what Disney is putting forth. We also go often so not having everything won’t break our hearts too much.

5 Likes

Yep, guilty as charged. Here Disney, take ALL my money!

5 Likes

Now I wonder if we should switch some of our Disney days to Universal days. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, if we cancel we are doing it up big next go. We’ll have a whole bunch of points to spend (DVC) and we’ll spend them nicely.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s great news.

1 Like

True and I think for a family who is going for that once in a lifetime trip it wouldn’t be worth it. But we are DVC and have APs so I have already paid the cost of those things.
I am curious about the reservation system though.

2 Likes

Yep. Take mine too!!

2 Likes

Yes! And those days should be Tuesday 7/28, Wednesday 7/29 and half a day Thursday 7/30. You also want to stay at Portofino Bay. :laughing:

1 Like