Reopening Limited Experience

Similar. We have rented DVC points and great ADRs for our November trip but I didn’t buy the tickets yet since it was so far away. The vague “not selling tickets now” comment from Disney makes me uncomfortable without more info. I realize it’s not all necessary for the task force meeting/getting permission to reopen but they know what they do say will raise questions- just have that info ready to release!

2 Likes

But do you think there was pressure to go public now? Universal and SeaWorld presented with only 2 week notice. If they aren’t opening until mid-July why not take another week or two and get their house in order? If they do know how this will all work, why not just say so now?

Uh, kind of. They were asked to share their plan. The plan was public record.

I have no problem paying the same price for the limited experience (although I suspect they will at least refund the park hopper fee). As others have said, I’ve been enough times that there’s not much I’d “miss.” There is SO much to do at WDW that I would honestly be relieved that there would be some experiences I wouldn’t have to shoehorn into my plans or stress about missing. Makes it simpler. You could never do everything in one trip, at least not 5-6 days like we usually do.

All I need is rides, restaurants, and a pool - and even the pool I could do without if it came to that - and it looks like all that will be available.

My WDW trip is now scheduled for May 2021 - there’s a chance there will be a vaccine available by then, but even if not we will still go even if conditions are similar to now.

We have a DLR trip scheduled for July - if Disneyland opens by then, we will go. All I really want to accomplish is to ride RotR! We will keep pushing that trip back till we succeed.

4 Likes

IMHO - They know what they want to do, but are hedging their bets. They can put out bits of info and gauge public reaction. Plus, it’s multiple days of media coverage. Seriously, they’ll be in the news for this one thing for the next 2 days. Then they’ll “officially” announce more early next week & so on…

By waiting one more month than the other parks they can also “appear” to be more socially responsible while watching what happens while USF & SW reopen.

3 Likes

Disney also says that attendance will be limited; in fact, I suspect they already have more reservations for people staying on-site than they will be able to accommodate in the parks. So there won’t be “deals” due to very limited capacity.

I’ll bet that guests with resort reservations will get first crack at reserving a spot in a park, much like on-site guests get to book FastPasses 60 days in advance. Wouldn’t be surprised that if you have FastPasses for a park, you may already have your spot in that park reserved.

2 Likes

We had plans to do a day at TL during our July trip so I am anxiously awaiting news about the water parks too.

1 Like

If I were inclined to accept the diminished experience at the full price and become an “early adopter” by attending in mid July, I would have concerns about the stability of the plan.

If I arrive under the expectations of Plan A, and it becomes untenable and Morphs into a more restrictive Plan B, what would my options be?

1 Like

We have a December trip. But . . . it’d be cool to go in July or August simply to say we’d been there then. Early on.

There’s another thing about opening 6 weeks from now, aside from watching Universal and Sea World. Here in Missouri, on Monday we’re in Phase 2, or so I hear. Where will we be in mid July? Maybe by 11 July, some of the mitigation plan will have been shown to be unnecessary. Maybe some states go through their phased openings and numbers don’t increase.

We’re booked at Wilderness Lodge 7/27-8/03. We have APs, so I really don’t mind going with the restrictions in place. The thing that actually bums we out the most is limited park hours, but I understand why they’re doing it that way.

We also booked this trip when our April trip was canceled to take advantage of the free dining recovery offer. The thing that really stinks is that I tried to change it last week to a different resort and shave two days off, but they wouldn’t allow it. So, now I’m stuck with what I’ve got without the ability to change anything about my reservation. And TBH, with the reduced experiences, I don’t want to do 7 nights anymore. I’ll be interested to see how this reservation system works, but it may be better for us to cancel and go later.

1 Like

Per my thread I’m pretty sure MNSSHP is going to be cancelled.

I really struggle with you, sometimes, @ryan1. You haven’t even seen HEA have you?

To be fair to @ryan1, I was just there a year ago and I’ve never seen it either.
We’re rarely in the parks after 5-6 PM.
The last fireworks show I saw was Wishes, (back in the year of a million dreams, lol) and only because we’d rented a fireworks cruise with a couple from Wales that we were friends with from The Dis.

You and me both. I am still depressed about my disastrous try on January 26 and now no chance at a redo in sight!

2 Likes

To be fair, I’m an HEA obsessive. I think it’s mind blowing.

4 Likes

And that’s why they make menus! :blush:

I saw half of it. But I didn’t enjoy it due to the horrific crowds.

2 Likes

Ditch your family and book a dessert party.

2 Likes

My people!!!

It is an option for the December trip with just my wife.

1 Like

Good. I strongly recommend the After Party.

1 Like