I had earlier today posted on the Chat app that I was going to spend an extra $3K to change from an AoA Cars suite to a 2 bedroom Grand Floridian villa.I was both super excited and sick to my stomach over the expensive decision. I had confirmation from Dave’s that the dates I wanted were available. It was not my first choice of dates so I had the option to get my small deposit back but I wrote back saying I was in. They then sent me this email:
“Your resort/room choice above is currently available in the Disney Vacation Club inventory of rooms. However, booking a DVC reservation through us is a two-part process. The availability of the resort/room is the 1st part and the 2nd part is that we also need a DVC Owner to reserve that resort/room for you. Currently, we do not have a DVC Owner on file that can book your reservation. According to DVC rules, because your dates are more than 7 months away, we will need a DVC Owner that owns at that resort._
Your OPTIONS are:
1. Wait in Queue - you can choose to have your reservation request put in the queue to wait until a DVC Owner joins our service that is able to book your stay. DVC Owners join every day and we have been very successful in booking reservations for guests that have chosen to wait, assuming the resort/room availability remains.
_2. Cancel Request - if you do not want to wait, you may choose to cancel your reservation request and we will issue a refund/void for your deposit.”
The purpose of posting this is to ask all you tremendously knowledgeable and helpful people if this has happened to any of you and did you “Wait in Queue” and end up getting the reservation? Dave’s has been incredibly responsive and I know they have an outstanding reputation. I guess I was caught off guard (didn’t read up enough on the process?) I agonized over spending the extra $3K and was so excited when I finally decided to go for it— and now I might not have it afterall.
What if a DVC owner never joins and/or availability disappears? And how long do I wait before I need to give up so I don’t lose out on other viable options? (And the uncertainty means I will have to wait to book airfare since the GF dates aren’t perfect - if I am not going to get the reservation, I would tweak the dates a bit.)
Has anyone had experience with this or have any suggestions? There were other DVC villas available but not my first choice (I am now really jones-ing for GF) and of course I am not sure if they would clear the 2nd step either…
[EDIT on 3/26/2019 - see my update below - got 5 nights via David’s!]