Reminder: DAKumentary releases on Disney+ today!

I’m not an expert but is this a good idea given cross species spread? :wink: Hopefully no bats! (Too soon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Yes, too soon. LOL!!!

1 Like

:(. I just watched the last episode! Aw so sad, i hope they make more!!! I can’t wait to see all the animals they talk about. So I can see why the trails or more crowded now!

Yes! Watching it this week I want to be a gorilla physical therapist in my next life!!

3 Likes

While there in October, I was talking to a CM on the Maharajah trail about the show. She said they were crossing their fingers that there would be a second season. I was dismayed to hear it wasn’t a sure thing. Maybe COVID just put plans on a delay. I don’t care if they’re filming CM’s in masks, I just want more episodes!

5 Likes

It’s definitely been one of my favorite things to come to Disney+

7 Likes

Mine, too! I think I was there when the white rhinoceros was born. As in, a white rhino was born when we were at AK, but not sure if it was the pregnancy that they talked about. The CMs were so excited. I was chatting with one up near the Affection Section when she was informed.

4 Likes

Yes, Kendi is the mama rhino who gave birth (Lola and I think Jao are expecting) - though I think it happened overnight not while the park was open.

1 Like

Yes, it did happen overnight. I meant that the CMs got the announcement over their headphones that morning (while I was talking to one of the CMs), not that the baby was born right then.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood!

I wasn’t very clear. :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else missing this show??? Feels like a hole in my weekend!

2 Likes

Yup. :confused:

Oh yeah. Sometimes I check just to make sure they haven’t slipped in another episode. I sure hope they make season 2.

Ugh same!

Is there anywhere to
Keep following the animals stories? @OBNurseNH I know you are a big fan, heard of anything? I’d love to follow the new babies and all the animals we were introduced to.

Haven’t heard

I was able to see Casanova the hornbill today while at the Kidani pool. Talked to one of the guides and she told me he was famous. I’ve watched a few of the episodes but haven’t seen the one with Casanova yet.

6 Likes

I literally let out a yelp when they brought in a pediatric occupational therapist for that baby gorilla. There is a narrow path for my dream 3rd career. But maybe I should get my license back first :thinking:

4 Likes

That little savanna where Casanova resides is the savanna our room looked out on. We became quite familiar with him. He so funny. Very attached to the keepers and always has something in his mouth. You should watch the Casanova episode the minute you get home!

3 Likes

Good plan. Then, when he comes on the T.V. I can yell “I KNOW HIM” like Will Ferrell in the move “Elf”

3 Likes