Reassure me I don't need a car

Those are the exact reasons why I like having a car.

We’ve never had a car in all the years we’ve been going to WDW. No arguments about designated driver when we both want a glass of wine with our lunch. :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t want to dissuade you from going green but I always rent a car. I can usually find a discounted rate by searching and updating. But I get free parking with DVC so I don’t know if paying for parking at my resort would change my mind.

1 Like

I like your thinking!

I have to admit that I have periodically searched for rental cars, but I haven’t found any really great prices so I need to stop and just accept that I am trying something new this trip.

1 Like

You will be fine. You are going with BFFs so waiting for buses is intrinsically fun! And since you don’t have a horde of family to get to rode drop and such, you can be more chill.

I think I just convinced myself that maybe I don’t need a rental car when DD21 and I are there together in January…

2 Likes

Those are really good points. Hanging out with friends waiting for the bus sounds much better than hanging out with whiny children.

1 Like

Update–We returned from our fabulous girls trip without a rental car. I will be renting a car for my upcoming trip in November now.:joy: I did love the ease of MDE and not dealing with luggage, but that’s was about all I liked. We stayed until park closing most of our nights and waiting for the bus was awful. It took forever (not really but it was 35 minutes one night at MK). We stayed at BWI and sometimes we shared a bus with the Swan and Dolphin and sometimes we didn’t. It was confusing and annoying.

3 Likes

So you didn’t use any of the advice for using Lyft/Uber?

No, the times we really needed it were at the end of the night and the demand was apparently rather high based on the cost and wait times. Plus at MK we would have had to go somewhere like the TTC to get an Uber/Lyft.

I almost thought about doing it this trip (trip number 3) , but I just cant get out of my comfort zone. We had a car on our very first trip and it went so smoothly I cant imagine doing it any other way!!

2 Likes

You just confirmed it for me!! I’m a car person too!! We had one bus experience and the wait was awful…

3 Likes

Also, you can opt to rideshare only in a hurry and enjoy the transportation the rest of the time.

1 Like

Here I am answering too late again. Seems like “Never mind” is my catch phrase.

2 Likes

While we always have a car since we are always off-site, I DO remember for our one on-site stay (honeymoon) having to not only wait for the bus, but being utterly exhausted, only to get on the bus and being forced to stand since all the seats were taken. I don’t know how long those bus rides actually were, but they FELT like an eternity! :slight_smile:

The bus rides TO the parks never seemed terribly long or anything. Probably because we were fresh and full of energy and excitement to get to the parks.

For our next on-site visit (December 2020) we will have our car there, so we can decide whether to use it or not.

1 Like

I understand. I really wanted to like Disney transportation but I just couldn’t (except for MDE which was lovely).

That was exactly our experience. And standing on the bus was actually not easy. Actually sitting on the bus wasn’t easy either–on one bus ride our driver slammed on the brakes so hard I actually flew sideways into a woman sitting two seats away from me!

You only need to be there if it includes alcohol…we ordered it before our flight and it was there when we checked in😀

1 Like

Mine was in a 5 point harness until 2nd grade she used to tell me by the time I let her out she wouldn’t even need a booster any more​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

This makes me so nervous for my upcoming trip this month. :grimacing: This will be my sixth solo trip but the first time staying on-site and forgoing a rental car. With the late nights / early mornings I have planned, plus the heat and daily storms, I was intending to go back to my hotel for a break pretty much every day… Now I’m starting to worry that I’ll end up spending half of my trip either on a bus or waiting for one. :weary: