šŸ¦” Really last minute trip booked ā€” Now featuring live trip report!

So: work.

Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m willing to schedule three (consecutive) hours of lessons on six of the seven days, from 12-3pm Orlando time when it will probably be hot and unpleasant in the parks anyway. This corresponds to 5-8pm UK time, which is when Iā€™d normally be at work.

No lessons on my EP UOR day, as previously billed.

For the next five days, it seems to me that it will be easy to leave that dayā€™s park and walk or Skyline to a hotel. Thus:

IOA morning, then walk to Hard Rock to work (where?)
VB morning, then walk back to room in CBR
MK morning, then walk to CR
HS morning, then Skyline to RR (where?)
EP morning, then walk to BW

The last day is AK, so Iā€™ll have to take a bus to and from AKL to work (where?).

This gives me a minimum of six park hours each day, with up to 10 hours at MK.

9 Likes

Can confirm that these are both also restorative, healing, etc. And may have been the factors that took me from doing from doing a one day AK only day after our February cruise straight on to a 1 day park hopper so we could start the day in AK end the day with both of those things at EP.

Absolutely! And thatā€™s absolutely what Epcot and AK do for me. And Disneyland. And WWoHP. HS, DHS and the rest of UOR thatā€™s not WWoHP are all fun, but donā€™t have the same healing power. Parks of MK are healing to me. Itā€™s sometimes hard for me to get over that itā€™s a copy of something so familiar to me and not the same. The universe feels all inside out there. Except on Peoplemover. Thatā€™s just perfection.

6 Likes

On those days where Iā€™m buying G+ (MK and maybe HS), I can be stacking LL during the morning and afternoon for use in the evening.

7 Likes

Most public spaces Iā€™ve been at inside HRH have generally been LOUD, probably something to due with hard rock lol. Hallways and rooms are quiet but thatā€™s about it unless someone else knows something more.

3 Likes

100% this

Me with a frozen Butterbeer staring at the Castle, listening to the background music = bliss.

9 Likes

I could go to RPR instead?

3 Likes

@katielouhou JUST left RR while working at Disney. Do you have any suggestions Katie?

3 Likes

Have never been there but that sounds like a better plan, because unless we missed some quiet spot or things have changed a lot, there will be background noise/music at HRH.

1 Like

Could also switch this for GF (where?)

If I didnā€™t have a 10 month old child waiting back at home for me the first time I went to visit WWoHP I wouldā€™ve schemed a way never to come home. You know, how some people go on vacation to Hawaii and just stay there running kayak tours and living on a shack on the beach. Except in Orlando, just for WWoHP. In retrospect, I think itā€™s better I didnā€™t run off to Florida.

4 Likes

I would suggest Kidani - there is a little library off the main lobby that usually has almost no one in it. Fewer echoes, nice and cozy.

6 Likes

Does the bus stop there? Or do I have to walk from Jambo (thatā€™s the main, big one, right?)

1 Like

Or WL. I bet there are some tucked away corners there.

2 Likes

Yes - it does. Usually it is the first stop, sometimes it is the second, but it definately goes to both. And Jambo is the big one.

Video of the library space - maybe you can grab the alcove by the fire:

3 Likes

I actually had a room there though, so thatā€™s where I worked if I had meetings or needed quiet. The quiet pool was a good work place too though. I thought the little library place might be good but it was way too loud in there.

2 Likes

The big pine building that has the DVC resort studios has its own little lobby and itā€™s very quiet. I worked there one afternoon since we didnā€™t have our room yet. There were occasionally people coming and going but no one checking in or anything or really even doing much talking

8 Likes

I worked there last time I did this. Itā€™s marginally harder to get to as you have to rely on the boats, which are fun.

2 Likes

Well, a productive evening. And I have a headache. And itā€™s 2am :yawning_face:

So Iā€™m signing off for now.

Thanks for all the help and support :pray:

18 Likes

Donā€™t plan any TS meals. Get snacks and different things from different QS. DD and I tried all the snacks we could from various TikTokers.

DHS: Definitely get the Totchos, grilled cheese, tomato soup, lunchbox tart from Woodys Lunchbox. Maybe not all in one meal but two.

MK: If youā€™ve never gotten the mini corn dogs from Caseyā€™s those are a must do. Get a side of that fake melted cheese for the fries. Watch the pianist there as well. The cattail from Cheshire Cat is really good. Pineapple upside down cake dole whip is a good choice as well.

Epcot: snacks at the food booths. Tons of choices

AK: Mr Kamals fries and the potstickers, Buffalo chicken chips (Iā€™ll have to find the location) and of course Satuli.

6 Likes

Good intel. He will need a bit of quiet :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes