šŸ¦” Really last minute trip booked ā€” Now featuring live trip report!

Oh no! Thereā€™s no ending to this story! Did you book it, Matt?

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been frantically clicking things on my laptop.

Yes, I booked it. And Iā€™m either having a heart attack or an asthma attack. I better go get my inhaler.

20 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

6 Likes

Awesome! (That you booked it not the asthma part!) Now the fun part begins ā€¦ the planning!

4 Likes

This trip might actually be a fully no-plan trip.

I have three full days at UOR, and I think Iā€™d like to do a VB day or, at least, get some VB action. But I can go whenever I want: my AP is a 3-park one.

I have one day at each WDW park: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. No hopping allowed. Monday will be the AK day because itā€™s my departure day (flight is at 10pm) and AK closes early, so itā€™s a waste on any other day. As for the other three? I donā€™t have to decide in advance. Iā€™m open to suggestions.

I didnā€™t buy the DDP, so Iā€™m not ā€œforcedā€ to book ADRs. But I donā€™t want to. I want to go to Caseyā€™s Corner, which Iā€™ve never been to. And get one of those massive bun things at Gastonā€™s Tavern. And buy one of those potato bucket things at Woodyā€™s Lunch place. And so on.

No upcharge events.

I do need to think about what work Iā€™m going to schedule.

And process my usual Calvin guilt. He, of course, is snuggling right up to me at this moment.

15 Likes

Absolutely do this! They make a great breakfast/mid-morning snack. Although they are truly huge. I love sweet things and I happily split one.

3 Likes

My June no-plan trip has become somewhat scheduled and I did get a bit trigger happy with the upcharges. Theyā€™re all easily cancellable and I might review them after I get back from the May trip. But the June trip is more of a ā€œCongratulations! You made it through the year!ā€ And, also, ā€œCongratulations on making it to 55 and your official retirement!ā€ (Iā€™m still working, Iā€™m just taking my teacherā€™s pension early.)

This May trip is more ā€œEmergency! Self-preservation required! Immediate chill-out ordered. Stat.ā€

17 Likes

Oh. Epcot Flower and Garden will be on, which means festival booths and eating round the world. That will be a thing.

12 Likes

I think this is an awesome idea! Maybe we can even give a wave to each other since our trips overlap now! :grinning:

4 Likes

KOG3Jz@large

:grin:

9 Likes

Awesomeness! Itā€™s just what you needā€¦.

4 Likes

Are you saying that these two are the same person??? They have different names and pictures. šŸ«Ž

5 Likes

It has established that you can not point out inconsistencies or ironies. You donā€™t want to risk turning hufflematt off of his current plans. :wink:

8 Likes

Fair point, but let me be clear. The change is a good thing.

The first post, we as a community were all very sad that Matt wouldnā€™t be visiting for a while.

The second post, we are all celebrating with excitement for Matt as heā€™ll be back in his magical place! :slightly_smiling_face: And of course a chance to meet liners.

9 Likes

Congrats on booking the trip. I like the whole idea of ā€œcongrats I made it through another yearā€ type of trip without much in terms of plans.

5 Likes

Good save. I was about to ban you.

12 Likes

And taking all the topiaries and beauty in general that is Epcot Flower & Garden. It really has restorative healing powers** that are just the kind of thing one would want in a self-preservation, immediate chill-out order situation.

** No actual physical healing has been attributed to Flower & Garden or Epcot.

9 Likes

So Iā€™ve made some decisions.

Iā€™ve allocated parks to days based on opening hours. Thus:

Friday MK 0730ā€“2300
Saturday HS 0830ā€“2200
Sunday EP 0830ā€“2200
Monday AK 0830ā€“1900

Iā€™m not going to be in those parks for all that time, Iā€™m just maximising the hours I have available. Remember: no park-hopping for me.

I will be shooting for various BGs and ILLs and will probably get G+ for the MK day.

Iā€™ve bought a Universal EP for my first (and the cheapest) day, Tuesday. On that first day, my students can go [REDACTED] themselves. Itā€™s my day and Iā€™m enjoying it.

On Wednesday IOA closes at 1800 for some reason, but USF closes at 1900. On Thursday IOA closes at 2000, and USF at 1900. I am thinking of doing some VB action on one of those days. Itā€™s open 0830-1900 each day, including Early Entry.

7 Likes

Not to mention all the new stuff thatā€™s finally open that features water and whatnot.

6 Likes

Or maybe even push June to later like early October or even late September

I will 90% for sure be there Memorial Day weekend :blush:

FIFY

For all of us, this is the truth!

OMG Iā€™ve heard this before! :wink:

Thatā€™s part of the reason I booked a last minute trip for that weekend. I didnā€™t do all I wanted last time at F&G.

I mean, healing the soul is a thing.

5 Likes