Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

I was just not thinking about Wine and Dine half marathon either!

1 Like

I was reflecting back on my Marathon weekend experience and got verklempt thinking about one particular spot during the race that resonated with me. I can’t remember if it was mile 1 or mile 2, but it was the exit that was in almost pure darkness. The timing was perfect as I was trying to get out of my head and my self-doubt, “I can go the distance” from Hercules was playing.

What an amazing moment. It helped me make that mental shift needed to carry-on and finish the marathon.

What is your “Disney” song that helps motivate you in your running journey?

4 Likes

I think we know: How Far I’ll Go

But also Try Everything from Zootopia

4 Likes

For the marathon, mine was “you got a friend in me” . . . . Last year, when I decided to run my first full, I really wanted to do it with my sister since she’s the one who originally got me into running distance races. But at race registration time, my sister was a week away from having a hysterectomy so we had no idea if she’d be able to train for the race, not knowing how her surgery and post-op recovery would go. She signed up anyway in the hopes that all went well and she could train. Because of her recovery, she started out about 4 weeks behind me in our training plan, but she kept with it, caught up and then we ran the whole race together and had tons of run along the way. Even though, initially I went into this race thinking I’d do it by myself if I had to, I was so proud of my sister and so happy to have her and two other friends along for the ride. So “you got a friend in me” hits me in all the feels, I felt/feel so grateful to have them there to support me and for me to support them for 26.2 miles.

I feel the same for this group. I know I could have done it all alone if I had to, but the whole experience was bigger and better because we all shared the struggles and fun with each other. who were a part of the same journey.

5 Likes

This 100%

I was even texting a bit here and there with some from this group and the wider Lines and Forum community during the marathon. It was super helpful since I was unexpectedly doing it alone as you all know. I’m still so sad that my sis didn’t get to run with me - I’m so glad you had yours with you!!

3 Likes

Can you convince her to run the Dopey with you next year? Time for redemption!

This is amazing!

It is all about connection and shared experiences for me. I will cherish being able to run the 5k with DD15 and the 2nd Disney Half with my DS21. They are already talking about up-ing their game next year and running the 10k and full respectively!

As for the group of liners.

It was fun putting faces to names and being along with each of you during your journey’s. I had hoped I would have been less shy and interacted a little more with each of you. Maybe next year.

5 Likes

She has been very clear that she is done with marathons. She said she has been training for something specific for 3 years and is done with running to train. She only did it for me.

It’s a requirement. We do not bite. We are fun. And I’d have loved to get to know you a bit more too! Next year for sure!

3 Likes

These are all in my current playlist and I love them!

This is not in my playlist yet, but what a wonderfully motivational story and very sweet sentiment about this group :blue_heart:!!

Mine is…weirdly… I’ll Make a Man Out of You. I absolutely love the movie and the song always just gets me pumped up and motivated (probably because I can picture the whole training montage the every time I hear it).

4 Likes

I get it. It’s a motivating song for sure!

1 Like

Hey, you came up with the pre-race meeting place!

2 Likes

It’s on my playlist and is a great song!

1 Like

My journey is still in its infancy, but I’m really connecting with the line from Show Yourself that says “step into your power.”

3 Likes

Of the Frozen collection this line gets me every time:

“It’s time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through”

:snowflake:

2 Likes

Oh yes, that’s a great one!

“Throw yourself into something new” has a certain appeal right now too.

2 Likes

Weekly Update: Jan 17 - 23, 2022

2 runs for a total of 7.18 miles.

I really did not want to get back outside after taking all of last week off. It is funny how easy it is to slip back into not doing anything.

Both my runs felt awkward and my legs were still a bit fatigued. Must be my old age catching up with me.

I hope all those getting ready for the Princess Half Weekend are on track and ready to crush it!

1 Like

Yes. 100%

I had 3 runs of 5K each last week. I intended on 10K yesterday but failed to plan accordingly (also interesting how no plan/goal = failure to plan!) and let the morning get away from me, forgetting that my son’s first hockey game was in the early afternoon. Oh well. Longer miles another day.

I was telling my husband this yesterday. I haven’t missed a day since I decided on a goal. When I was working out just for the health benefit it was so easy to say, it’ll still be good for my health tomorrow :joy:

Turns out I am very goal oriented.

4 Likes

Medals are posted for Springtime Surprise…I can’t remember if anyone is running that one! (I know there’s a whole thread for Springtime Surprise)

4 Likes

Weekly check-in 3.5, 3.5 and 3.42 with 3 cross training days. Seeing it written down here makes me feel a little more ready for the Princess half. I’m nervous because at this point I’m mostly inside on my treadmill, but I completed the training initially when it was still fall and tolerable for me to be outside and now I’m just repeating the last 12 weeks.

1 Like

I’m signed up for the virtual 10k and I think that medal is cute as heck. I don’t know why I didn’t realize it was ratatouille themed before now.