Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

When I first read Born to Run I followed the recipe of the Tarahumara and would soak chia seeds with lime juice, water, and honey to drink. My kids kept asking why we had fish eggs in our refrigerator!

1 Like

That’s where Huma gels came from IIRC!
I prefer those over Gu but they don’t have as many flavors.

1 Like
1 Like

I do feel better running with Tailwind. Then on really long runs (longer than 10?) I take GU and cliff block gummy things and maybe some real food with me. I have also really liked Annie’s bunny gummies at times!

1 Like

I will definitely try that!

1 Like

I know she so sweet isn’t she? Then again so is my DW almost all the time, almost is the time I have to worry about.

3 Likes

Yes, yes I do.

1 Like

The lasers only come out when I’m proposing WDW trips. To recap… We went as a family in Oct 2019 and then I went solo Jan 2020. We were planning to go again April 2020 but COVID. Rescheduled that trip like 6 times (you remember), and finally ended up going June 2021. Then I solo’d Oct 2021, Nov 2021, and just now Jan 2022.

I assure you lasers will fire! But I should clarify that these are more like the laser-pointer lasers, not the kind that melt through a bank vault…

My mental debate right now is whether I should have the lasers fired for proposing another 2022 WDW trip or purchasing DVC (which she is finally open to discussing). If I focus on the DVC route, the trip will take care of itself once we have points to use.

ETA…
We are also eligible for Make-A-Wish this year so we are trying to decide if we want that to be WDW or something different. We are leaning towards MAW to Orlando, and doing our own trip to SoCal visiting SD Zoo and Legoland. We also want to do Colorado again this summer and visit my grandparents in Iowa. So lots of trip ideas and probably not enough vacation days. But I’m already wanting to go back to WDW…

2 Likes

I can’t help but read everything you write in Gaston’s voice and it really makes this sound like an evil plan.

2 Likes

This

And you could always book a cash trip on the DL (fully refundable, you recall!) just in case the DVC doesn’t materialize.

That sounds like one of my favorite post run snacks. Not sure I’d want to eat it while running, but I love all the flavors they make! (And mid-afternoon, like today)

2 Likes

The ingredients look similar to my daily smoothie I have at lunch!

What is your smoothie recipe?! Unless it is too secret to share :grinning:

Not really a secret, but be warned …I like to throw the kitchen sink into my daily smoothie. Most people who try it do not like the flavors.

Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
One scoop of Vega protien powder
Quater teaspoon cinnamon
Quater teaspoon tumeric
Tablespoon chia seeds
Tablespoon ground flax
Splash of applecider vinegar
Handfull dark green lettuce of choice
One leaf and stalk of chard
Two celery sticks
Broccoli or cauliflower
Half an Avacado
An apple
An orange
A Banana
A bunch of blueberries

I call it my morning sludge.

1 Like

Woah! That is chalkful of goodness!

ETA thank you for sharing!

What I’m definitely not doing this morning is booking a room for wine and dine half weekend…

3 Likes

@missoverexcited can you move this thread over to the RunDisney category? Thanks!

1 Like

I think I just did it and moved it - but its lost its other tags…

2 Likes

Yeah thats how categories work. A post can only be in one category. Thanks for moving it!

2 Likes

We have a category?!?!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes