Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Looks like the MW event guide is available!

https://guide.rundisney.events/

5 Likes

My Weekly Update:

Tues 11/30 - rest and ice
Thurs 12/2: 30 min walk
Sun 12/5: 6 mile run :smiley:

I was wondering if the foot would feel okay this morning and… no pain!

5 Likes

A week ago I finally gave up on trying to convince DW to come with me for a few days next month. I changed directions and asked my brother to come. I havent seen him in a few years and I thought it would a fun way to reconnect. He immediately said yes. I got so excited. But last night I found out that he can’t come anymore. I asked DW one last time if she wanted to come. Big mistake. Lasers were fired. It is really hard on me that she has no desire to go at all - actually worse, she resents my desire to go. So now I’m back to the original idea of going alone. Problem is that doesn’t sound good to me anymore after getting excited about going with my bro. After 8 park days during 2 trips in the last 2 months (and 8 days with the family back in June), I don’t feel pulled to WDW at all right now. The only thing keeping me from canceling altogether is the marathon. And I’m at a point this morning that I don’t think I care about that anymore either. Hopefully in a few days I’ll be excited again. I’m running 20 miles on Thursday night for my annual “Christmas Light Tour” through my area. Maybe that will do the trick.

1 Like

Oh man. :disappointed:

I’m sure you want to share this time with the people you are closest to (and I know I would be super sad if DH had no Disney desire anymore). But don’t forget that a lot of us will be there to share the fun with too!

I hope the Christmas lights run gets you out of your funk.

And also, I hope your laser wounds heal quickly

1 Like

Bummer.

Too bad about your bro.

I am wondering if you DW still has shell shock from the the family trip in June. Mybe she needs some Disney therapy with a Spa day thrown in there.

2 Likes

I am very excited for all of you and hope you’re feeling great!!

5 Likes

I’m sorry you’re getting bummed about traveling solo. I totally understand as I have begged and pleaded with people to join me on trips and only ever had 1 person take me up on it several years ago. It definitely sucks to not be able to share your passion with the ones you love. Luckily there is a bunch of people here to share with and who are cheering you along from webpage and will always be just as pumped as you are about your travels.

4 Likes

Not in a good mood, 2 weeks of none running so far out of an 8 week training plan for half marathon on jan 8th! starting to worry.

Oh man… that is bad!!! :frowning: :frowning:

Ouchie!

This doesn’t look like it could be the same injury you referenced a few weeks ago? This looks like an acute injury? What have you done?!

its more extreme, I essentially had my ankle roll ‘out’ to the side e.g my foot turned on uneven ground so the sole of my right foot was facing my planted left foot.

I have done similar at a guess maybe 6 or 7 times in 20 years maybe only this bad once.

1 Like

yikes…looks painful

That does look bad. I also have weak ankles, I haven’t sprained mine that bad in years though. That’s a doozy.

Y’all the chatters are planning a 5K Springtime Surprise run together if anyone is interested in joining. We’re going to put our time at 12 minutes so we hopefully get corralled together.

We’re also thinking about a pre race dinner (it’s at 10 iirc) or a next morning breakfast (or both!)

Registration starts tomorrow at 2 pm eastern.

Got my waiver, signed it.
Forwarded sister’s waiver - she tried to sign it, got error message, Stitch on the screen, link won’t work
Her registration is now vanished from my account as well.

I know this happened to a lot of people with Wine and Dine

She is freaking out because she is not familiar with the wonders of Disney IT.

I am just looking to solve the issue.

Help? :smiley:

1 Like

Yikes. That sucks. I know a lot of people had that problem during W&D. I think she will just have to do the signing at the Expo when she picks up her bib.

The one advantage of living in Canada is that we are not allowed to electronically sign the waiver. We need to print it out, sign it, and hand deliver at the expo. I can send along a copy of the adult waiver if you would like a copy…

1 Like

This happened to my friend B. He called and got verbal confirmation from them that he could sign at the expo, that his registration was there they could see it. It is stressful for sure, but it will work out.

1 Like

I have the confirmation and forwarded it to her as well.

I’m not worried, but she is LOL

Good to know paper form at expo will work along with race confirmation email

Thanks. I’ll message you!