Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

I think someone should sing you Soft Kitty. 4 weeks is a really really long time. I’ll hush now (unless you want ME to sing it…)

3 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Hi! Those of you training for a full marathon impress the heck out of me. After getting my personal best time at the W&D half on 11/7, I took a week off running to heal a bit, then started short training runs the next Sunday 11/14, continuing on until 11/21, where I ran 10 miles. I was starting to feel like I was coming down with something that day, but I did the run anyway and it was fine, but a day later my right shin really started to hurt, I have all my issues in my right foot too. Anyway, I felt worse and worse that week, so I didn’t run and finally got the full force of whatever virus I picked up (negative COVID test) 11/26 and was bedridden with a severe head cold and sinus infection, barely able to breathe until 11/29, when I finally turned the corner and thought I might actually survive. Anywho, I’m feeling better today 12/1, but I’m still winded, coughing up nastiness and lightheaded. I’m signed up to run a half marathon on Saturday 12/4 and I’m kinda scared. I was so hoping to be more ready for this and now I’m afraid I’m just going to be miserable and hurt myself.

Also, I’m thinking about signing up for the Springtime Surprise Challenge and dragging DH along, not sure yet, because our last family trip to Disney is coming up in 26 days and we are not renewing our APs. I am running the Princess with my daughter, but I’m kinda done with Disney for now, for a plethora of reasons.

4 Likes

How are you feeling about the race today? Since you’ve already PR’d this year, maybe just take it easy during the race so you’re no too miserable?

Glad you are feeling better overall!!

I’ve got a friend trying to talk me into the Springtime Challenge, but I already told DH that I’d take a break from Disney after the marathon. :smirk:

2 Likes

I’m still not at 100%, but I am also thinking to just take it slow and enjoy the course. The weather is going to be beautiful and the course looks fun, going through downtown Wilmington, across three bridges and around a lake, so I will just do what I can and try not to get hung up on my time!

Surprisingly, my DH is on board for the Springtime Surprise, it would be a quick, drive down Thursday and back up Sunday after the half. (10hr drive) I think he’s okay with it, because we won’t have APs, so zero park time, lol.

2 Likes

Finally found the perfect color running tights for my Moana-bounding outfit!

Just need the necklace and the grass skirt I think!

7 Likes

They are great! How’s your foot feeling?

I’m taking it for a little walk this very minute. I’ll let you know how that goes. If it goes well we get a little run this weekend!

4 Likes

Well the walk went great! 30 minutes/1.5 miles. We’ll see how the post-walk goes!

5 Likes

Even more good news. Just keep up with the ice and heat and don’t get too wild with the running this weekend!

1 Like

Whew! Started to feel worse last night, but ran the Half this morning and powered through. I have not run in 2 weeks, because I’ve been so sick, but I managed to get my second best time. It was hard though! I’m definitely feeling more sore than the W&D last month. It was a great race, the weather was beautiful, ironically the warmest race I’ve ever done, even though it wasn’t in FL. Started at 54° and ended at 70°, dry and sunny and still winds. My husband ran the challenge, which is a 5k first, then immediately starting the Half. His goal was sub 2:00 for the half, he hasn’t run an in-person race in almost 10 years! He came in at 1:57 and he is on cloud 9. He injured his hip during a yoga sesh last week, so we were both iffy as to how this race would go, but he rocked it! He is ready to go with me for the Springtime Surprise Challenge, couples weekend, leaving our 3 teens in NC, lol!

I’m having a Bloody Mary to celebrate and sitting on my butt for a couple hours, I promised the kids I’d make a Lemon Merengue pie this afternoon.

Thanks for reading, lol, had to tell someone.

9 Likes

Yay!

Oh you’re my kind of people alright!!

Congrats on your race! I’m glad it was such a good one for you :smiley:

2 Likes

This week I discovered my Garmin has a Jeff Galloway training plan included that gives me a training plan, videos from him and readings explaining what to do. It’s been great, wish I would have discovered it sooner.

My week:
Monday: OTF (orange theory fitness) and yoga
Tuesday: 30 minute run using the Jeff Galloway plan on my watch and yoga
Wednesday: OTF and yoga
Thursday: 30 minute run using the Jeff Galloway plan and yoga
Friday: OTF
Saturday: 3 miles using the Jeff Galloway plan. This was a fail, I ate a po’boy and a bowl of ice cream at lunch, then went on my run. Big mistake. I walked most of it, my stomach was quite mad at me. I did get the Nathan running vest though and that was nice to have to keep my hands free. The water was pretty sloshy though and a little annoying. But still better than having a water bottle in my hand.
One of the things I learned from the training program is I’m running way too long for my pace. I’ve been doing 90 sec run, 60 sec walk. He recommends 15 sec run, 30 sec walk at my speed. I guess I’m just super slow. I’m going to try his recommendation this weeks training to see how it goes.
Sunday: Rest day

Great job!

So fun! My DH just started running a little but I don’t think he’s up for a race yet.

How are you doing now?

That’s fantastic! Not gonna lie, I’m a little anxious trying to think about dressing up for the Princess Half. I think that I might just not. I’m not really a dresser-upper.

4 Likes

6 today and felt great! Negative splits and my usual 6mile pace. It’s like there was no break in training! About to hit the shower and the. Ice that baby. The metatarsal pad worked great and didn’t bother me as I feared it would when I first applied it!

Just over a month my babies!!!

6 Likes

Wooo hoooo! Great news!

1 Like

Congrats to you and DH!!

1 Like

Looks great!

Here’s mine:

7 Likes

Oh I love this!!!

2 Likes

Weekly Update for Nov. 29 - Dec. 05:

We are exactly 30 days from the MW 5k!

0 walks and 5 runs for 32.11 miles.

• Tuesday - 5.85 miles in 1:05:10
  • Thursday - 7.2 miles in 1:25:09
  • Friday - 5.99 miles in 1:05:10
  • Saturday - 5.58 miles in 1:00:16
  • Sunday - 7.49 miles in 1:30:07

The weather forced me on to the treadmill more times than I would have liked this week (4 of 5). The beginning of the week began with snow and ice just below freezing. This turned it into an ice rink outside. There was no way I was going to risk going outside and injuring myself.

I did get out Saturday in the cold for a one hour run, but man it was cold. Sunday had me back on the treadmill because the temperatures dropped to -4F. :cold_face:

4 Likes