Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Yay!

I’m heading out in a few minutes. The fog up here this morning is nuts and I’ve been waiting for it to clear some for safety.

1 Like

I ran my first 20 miler today! Longest distance ever for me! I did it with a small local organization that sponsors runs here in San Antonio. I was super nervous going into this morning - weirdly worried if I could do it (the brain and it’s doubts!). But it went great and my pace even shocked me. I got third in my age division - the middle aged women division :wink: The weather was perfect and it was all trail/greenway running. Nice volunteers at the water stations. Other than some serious under-boob chaffing, I’m feeling pretty good.

8 Likes

Wow! You ROCKED it! Way to go!!!

It sure feels good, doesn’t it?!

2 Likes

I had a great 6 today. It’s so awesome how 6 just feels like getting started these days.

I’m sharing here what I posted to my instagram and FB, because not all of us are connected in those spaces but it applies to all of you here too, and I wanted you to know it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Comin’ atcha from the 603 with 6.03 sorta sweet, sorta savage miles this morning! It was a beautiful, crisp morning out on the rail trail and I really enjoyed myself. I realized part of the way in that a handful of you had already crossed my mind for various reasons. For example, this song came on and reminded me of when I needed to hear from my Dad on a really hard day and he came through. That happens a wicked lot, you know. You friends and loves of mine are always with me and you crossing my mind always brings a smile to my face, no matter what mile I’m in. So thanks for joining me for each and every run.

And if you’re reading this thinking, “She doesn’t mean me.” Well knock it off because I 100% do!!

12 Likes

What a lovely post. :blue_heart:

Heartfelt. All of it :heart:

1 Like

Love this. So true that we really do none of this alone. :yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Did a 5K this morning and I’m super glad it was virtual…because I walked the whole thing. My hip is not ok and I assume because I was compensating while at Disney I’m feeling it in my whole left leg today. :disappointed_relieved: But, the weather is beautiful and I got it done.

8 Likes

Supportive heart.

I’m sorry your hip is doing so poorly.

1 Like

Congratulations! Awesome run and how cool that you placed in your age group!!

1 Like

Love this post! It really sums up so perfectly what running is to me. The physical part is it’s own aspect but the mental side of it is actually bigger.

2 Likes

I also love how you are glowing (not just with sweat!) in all of your run photos!

1 Like

That is awesome that you got back out there. I hope that hip heals fast for you ❤️‍🩹

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

Something about feeling like a badass.

2 Likes

That bad ass feeling of I can do hard things is a powerful one! :muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Did I miss how the doctor visit went? I hope you were able to get in and get on a path to recovery!

A bunch of liners from chat are doing the 5K and having a dinner and/or breakfast meet up. I mentioned this thread on forum so may have some new runners joining the running thread. You’ve totally got time to get ready for a 10K.

4 Likes

I need to figure out how to do one post and respond to multiple people instead of three separate posts.

Anyway my weekly update:

Yoga daily has been very successful except for one day that I had a migraine and went to bed at 6 pm. But I get a pass for that.

My runs I only did the Tuesday 30 min, and 2 miles on Sunday. Thursday was supposed to be a 30 minute run but that was the day of the migraine.

I’m still on track with my Galloway plan for the Princess Half because I had so much wiggle room at the beginning. But I can’t get off anymore and stay on track. It’s getting real from here on out.

I bought a second pair of running shoes, a running vest, and running socks but they are all holiday gifts from my family :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: so I have to wait until I can open them. I wrapped them and everything. I’m actually thinking about unwrapping my vest, using it now and wrapping it back up when it’s time to open gifts. :rofl:

Thanks for keeping me accountable friends! I’m learning so much from yall.

5 Likes

To respond to multiple posts,

• Highlight the text you want to comment on.
  • Click the Quote icon.
  • Repeat for each item you want to respond to.

Weekly Update - week of Nov. 8 - 14:

• Two walks for a total of 6.43 miles and 1:36:15.
  • Five runs for a total of 34.95 and 6:23:47
    • 5.13 miles in 0:55:06
    • 5.96 miles in 1:05:05
    • 4.87 miles in 0:55:07
    • 7.5 miles in 1:20:10
    • 11.49 miles in 2:08:19

I really had no motivation to get outside to do my long run this week. It took me until it was almost dusk before I got out the door. The run started off a little rough, but after I warmed up it worked out fine. This run was suppose to be 130 minutes (2:10:00), but there was a train that was stopped along my running path that made me wait for 20 minutes before it cleared. This caused me to scrap the 5 minute cool down and just walk straight home. I was cold and wet and had not initiative to start running again.

Other news:

• Bought my two pairs of running shoes for the Dopey this week. I will start breaking them in next week.
  • I am finally going to buy park tickets and do APRs this week. I have had zero motivation to plan like I usually do.

I hope everyone’s training is going well. Stay Healthy.

2 Likes

Weekly update 11/7-13: Got my 2 runs of 30mins each in, one was great one was not great. Trusting the process. The not great one was the first one after my 20, so I expected it. Also got my 6 in on Saturday, and yoga on Monday and Wednesday. It was a good, full week.

This week I am shifting my short runs to M and W. My long run of 7 I think I’ll do early a.m. Friday. I’ll still be on east coast time, I think, but on the west coast and I think that will be doable. If I wake up and find it’s not, I’ll do it either Fri or Sat mid-day during our time at the resort. The 7 is supposed to have a Magic Mile but I won’t do that on the treadmill as it just won’t really reflect my progress. Might try to get a random magic mile in with my short run on Tuesday next week since I’ll be off and adjusting back to east coast time.

Staring down 22 on Thanksgiving weekend and praying for nice weather (but fearing my luck will run out sooner or later)

3 Likes