Ready to Run...a return to RunDisney races

Must be that time in the training! I also got two new pairs of shoes. For one pair, I totally splurged and spent way more on any pair of running shoes, ever. But I told myself I’m only doing this once :wink:

Weekly update:
Monday 11/8 = Rest Day
Tuesday 11/9 = 9 miles on the training plan, I got in 8.7 before it got too dark for me to feel safe.
Wednesday 11/10 = yoga
Thursday 11/11 = 6 miles
Friday = Rest
Saturday = My first 20 miles!! Still feeling amazed that I actually did it!
Sunday = yoga

Thanks for all the updates! It helps keep me motivated. Happy running this week.

4 Likes

Conversation with my doc, no appointment yet. She’s consulting with my rheumatologist first I guess. I’m very lucky to have an excellent network of doctors, but I’m definitely ready to be better.

4 Likes

Rock on all of you amazing runners! Also sending healing thoughts to @StinsyLinson
I did 8 mi for my long run this past weekend and it will be 10 mi this coming one. I am sticking to my plan with marathon weekend coming on fast.
Fall weather here in Maine is holding out beautifully and giving some nice temps for cooler runs.

7 Likes

It’s an awesome accomplishment! And it feels incredible, doesn’t it??

2 Likes

Ankle injury forced me to have a week off! and when you only have 8 weeks to prep it got me a bit down.
feel like im starting again but now with 6 weeks of prep!

But the half marathon is locked in and I am going to make it!
5k yesterday felt good at the time and I feel fine the day after! another 5k tomorrow then a steady 10k Friday to see how I hold up!

Loving the race pics from everyone very motivational!

4 Likes

Sorry about the injury and hope it heals fast. You can definitely train in 6 weeks. I signed up for my first ever half for Princess weekend on a whim. I had just over 6 weeks with a minimal running base. I didn’t understand training plans either. Not ideal but I was able to do it! Just don’t over do it and re-injur yourself in the process.

2 Likes

Good to hear this. I’m still trying to convince DW to do the Princess half with me.

2 Likes

its an ongoing weak ankle from a few bad sprains/twists. I need to actually do my physio exercises this time!
Yes planning to take it pretty steady and also lose a bit of weight as well.

Im not too stressed for the actual event as planning to enjoy it as an experience rather than look at it as a ‘race’ Im generally a fast walker and think I could probably meet the time requirement by walking never mind with some jogging added in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be so much fun! I was originally signed up for the 5k and then saw all of the open spots for the half and added it on. These were my first races ever and such an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment when I finished! I signed up and started training right at beginning of Jan. She can definitely do it!!! Princess half is such an awesome race!!!

2 Likes

What beautiful running scenery!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about videotaping part of the Dopey, wasn’t sure what race. Either the half or the full. So I took the opportunity during my first long long long run yesterday to carry my camera gimbal (think short selfie stick, about 6-12”) and phone, and test some video settings and styles. The biggest problem is phone battery. I got about 10 miles in and the battery was at 35%. The reason that’s a problem is because of the orientation of things, I can’t have my phone plugged into an external battery while it’s in the gimbal. So unless I can convince DW to let me buy a GoPro which I think is probably the best option, I think I’ll just be videotaping the half, not the full. My arms were also limp noodles after 20 miles, so not sure 26 is possible.

On a related note, the gimbal reduced the bounce in my phone so much that my run tracking app kept pausing because it thought I was motionless. I was getting really frustrated because I had mapped my course in detail and knew it was going to be 20 miles, but as I got close to that, my phone was telling me I had gone only 18 miles. Most frustrating of all is that I ran 19.9 miles, and could have just run down my street a bit to get to 20. But I didn’t know I was so close! I stopped 500 feet from the finish line!

The worst part about the phone issue was my run walk run intervals were totally jacked up. I ended up just going for what felt like the right intervals. In any case, I got the miles in and that’s what counts.

8 Likes

I mean if you’re going to buy new tech this is a great time of year to do it…

1 Like

Weekly Update for Nov 15-21:

We are 45 days away from Marathon Weekend! We should be getting close to our peak weeks of training. I have 140 minutes next week and then two more heavy run weeks at my peak of 150 minutes.

2 walks for 1:34:59 and 5.8 miles.

• Monday - 2.84 miles and 0:46:26
  • Wednesday - 2.96 miles and 0:48:33

5 runs for 5:45:31 and 32.18 miles. (This is a down week :thinking: :crazy_face: )

• Tuesday - 5.13 miles in 0:55:08
  • Thursday - 6.91 miles in 1:15:06
  • Friday - 6.09 miles in 1:05:16
  • Saturday - 5.74 miles in 1:00:05
  • Sunday - 8.31 miles in 1:30:06

Hope everyone is healthy and pushing through the mental pain. I count 6 more weeks of training.

5 Likes

Great work! Hope you’re feeling okay physically and mentally! I can not believe the race is that close!!

2 Likes

You are doing great sir

2 Likes

Health update: Doctor is sure it is my hip flexor - but as the pain is isolated and hasn’t spread (the rest of my legs/feet are feeling fine), she believes it is just a strain and I’m not going to do PT right now. I’m supposed to take it easy for a couple of weeks (stretching only) and then check back in (unless other symptoms develop).
Nothing says take it easy like moving, right??
Also - I love these runDisney workouts and look forward to trying this one when I’m allowed to workout again. Run Disney

2 Likes

A Beauty and the Beast workout?!?! I’m in!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Strong work, friend!

We are crazy close indeed! So exciting! Great week for you!

1 Like