Re-opening news for WDW

I propose they extend until the first day you re-enter. It might not seem fair to Disney, but they are changing the terms after purchase, so I really don’t care.

Oh, I didn’t renew so I am not proposing this for me.

7 Likes

Yeah when they discussed that I did think that sounded like a good idea.

One would think it would be easy enough to implement. But Disney IT… :woman_shrugging:t2: :joy:

I do think they should impose a limit though. Up to xx days from the start of the shutdown and if you haven’t checked into a park you automatically get the prorated refund

3 Likes

I thought I read that in Shanghai they are continuing the extension through the reservation period, but maybe that’s because they’re more of a locals park like Disneyland. If extending to the first day you renter, how would that work for people that either didn’t have another planned trip before it’s natural expiration, or don’t plan to go back until 2022 or later.

Ours AP’s have not been extended yet, i just checked. But i dont know if 4 months is enough, especially if there is limted attendance for several months or even a year. We were having a great time as AP holders starting in January. We went pratically every weekend, until they closed. But If we didnt have AP, i wouldnt buy them right now if i had the choice.

I’m wondering too … but they still might extend further due to limited access w/ new res. system. Since mine is paid in full and I currently don’t live in the immediate area (I will in 29 days) I am going to take a-wait-and-see attitude.

1 Like

I’ve said all along I hoped they would extend all APs for as long as the reservation system is in place, like they have at Shanghai.

I just think that would be fairest for AP holders, which I’m not.

2 Likes

I thought it was going to be open, but I guess not now. I am hoping Jambo might be open by the fall though.

Also reminded myself yesterday that while it will not be open now, there are 8 weeks between now and when we may travel and more things may open.

Who knows?

(off to check that Rt value…)

2 Likes

Mine has now been extended – precisely 117 days.

I’m ok with that as long as I get park access in Sept and Dec for my trips, but if not then not. I can live with no park hopping, but it seems very wrong to not be able to get into any park at all. Right now, I’ll just hope for the best…

3 Likes

I should not have checked the Rt value.

Florida is currently worst in the US, with a value of 1.07, bested only by OK (1.10)

Crap.

GET YOUR POOP IN A GROUP FLORIDA! I WANT TO GO ON THIS TRIP!!!

7 Likes

Yes, I’ve been watching that too. And a model was published today that predicts Florida to be the location of the most significant spike in the US in the coming weeks

Eff Eff Eff

Eff!

Now is not the time to share my 28 year old asked me to cancel the September reservation I thought he could use?

Did he cancel due to numbers?

(Please say no please say no please say no)…

EEK… you’re scaring me :cold_sweat:

I’m scaring ME!

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I won’t answer because it is too sad but every day he has been texting me numbers .

2 Likes

I was just coming on to see if anyone else was concerned about FLs numbers. With the demographics of the population in FL a rise in numbers could quickly become catastrophic

5 Likes

I feel relief that we no longer have a reservation for Florida in August. I just hope the California numbers go okay. Their Rt number is good, but cases still climbing … maybe due to testing? I don’t know. But we HAVE to go to California to take daughter to college in August. So if we can get reservations, we probably will go to DLR at that time.