Re-opening news for WDW

I know guests at Universal are reporting coffee makers in the rooms too.

1 Like

Years ago we stayed in the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. One morning I didnā€™t have time to do the breakfast dishesā€¦ in the rush to be at rope drop. That night when we got back to our cabin the dishes had been done :heart: OMG what a treat!!! I donā€™t think that was a norm, I donā€™t know if it is since weā€™ve only ever stayed in the cabins that one time, but I was so thankful and embarrassed at the same time LOL :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never stayed at a DVC resort, only Marriott Vacation Club (several times) and every time housekeeping came in, they ran the dishwasher with all the dirty dishes. This was pre-covid 19. Just seemed to be standard practice.

So here is an article with the guidelines:

And from it, under Mandates, it says:

• Remove all service items in guest rooms, including glassware, coffee cups, etc.
  • Mini bars not to be stocked
  • Do no offer self service foods
  • Remove all coffee makers from guest rooms
  • Remove all guest collateral items, except those that are single use

Guess they must have re-thought.

1 Like

I stayed at a one bedroom at SSR on a free dining deal a few years ago. Every time I can back to the room I found housekeeeping had run the dishwasher. I never turned it on because I preferred to wait until there were more dishes!

1 Like

I agree it was included. I donā€™t know if it was removed or ignored.

1 Like

Also worth mentioning is that timeshares are not hotels and as such, may not fall under these mandates and guidelines.
Members pay for those items so to speak under their dues so Iā€™m not sure they could just take them away.

1 Like

It looks as if AP extensions have started being rolled out. Has anyone noticed their expiration date changing?

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annual-pass/news/17jun2020-disney-rolling-out-extensions-to-walt-disney-world-annual-passes.htm

There has been discussion on this and they will be stocked.

Where did you get confirmation from? Good to know, but there are still some who are concerned about it.

Mine still shows 1/4/21 expiry.

I saw this too and checked but my exp. hasnā€™t changed yet.

Perhaps one of the podcasts or related pages? I am in so many places I canā€™t recall. But it reassuring to hear.

The AP Facebook group has several people posting that their dates are getting extended by what looks to be 117 days. Most people are still waiting.

FWIW, my familyā€™s AP are still set to expire on 6/27/2020. 104 days from the closing date.

Iā€™m curious to see how many days get added to our APā€™s 104 or the 117.

Our APā€™s have been extended by 117 days now.

1 Like

So they start running again when you donā€™t have the right to enter a park?

Wouldnā€™t 7/11 be 117 days?

I thought they have been pretty clear that an AP does not guarantee you entry into the park? I have always purchased with the understanding it allows me to enter any park, any day? They are in fact removing your access for days beyond the 11th?

1 Like

Are you proposing that you would get whatever number of days you didnā€™t use the pass as refund?

I guess I donā€™t care that they are extending me only by 117 and reactivating me on 7/11 even though at best I wonā€™t go til 8/28. I never intended to use it 365 of 365 days and I would wager that almost nobody does.

How would you do things?

I did like the suggestion on the podcast to extend it by the number of days from closure until you first access a park.

Otherwise maybe the refund is a better option for folks?

2 Likes

Our APs which were to expire 10/30 have not yet been extended