Re-opening news for WDW

lol Thanks… maybe this will make the decision for us; that being to go or not to go? It’s looking more and more like we will just be banking all points and not using any this year :frowning: very very sad.

Kidani is not an option for you (assuming availability)?

Update: MDE is back to normal. I see my remaining balance and am able to make payments.

I would be fine w/ Kidani :heart: I just hope we get the opportunity. We had two deluxe studios w/ savanna view at Jambo. It was for the PH Moonlight Magic night. We were really looking forward to it and excited about the savanna view.

What I’m reading is they are moving Jambo to Kidani. So I think you’ll be all set. Hope you get a savanna view!

1 Like

Just posted this on the DVC sub-forum, didn’t realise it was being discussed here today.

DVC have confirmed Jambo House will not open June 22nd.

From the resort overview page on the DVC website:

As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/animal-kingdom-villas-jambo/

1 Like

Someone - I think maybe @melcort10? was debating whether to switch to Jambo from Kidani. Glad we convinced them not to!

3 Likes

The way this is worded almost makes it seem that they don’t expect enough people will keep their reservations to fill their capacity. With all those unable to travel globally, and those unwilling to travel domestically, I wouldn’t be surprised if their cancellations are sufficient to reduce reservations to their desired capacity. And if so, that would make sense why they’d want to consolidate all the reservations to a subset of hotels.

It was definitely @melcort10 we are kind of neighbors here in the north :smiley:

2 Likes

I read it as: if you want Jambo, keep holding out! Or cancel if you get moved and try again in a week :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you @OBNurseNH and @Jeff_AZ! I am SO glad I didn’t change. The only real reason that I was thinking about changing was because I was contemplating downgrading from a 1-bedroom to a studio and the studios (both standard and savanna) are full for my week in October. So I’m not sure how they’re able to just “move” everyone from Jambo to Kidani? I’m still a little bummed about the Uzima pool though. And they will HAVE to have Zebra domes at the Mara!

1 Like

It could also be based on starting park capacity? Trying to align hotel capacity to park capacity? They don’t want to have a bunch of people with reservations that can’t enter the parks?

Isn’t the Mara on the list of open restaurants?

No.

Mara breakfast employees were called back but I believe they will work at Sanaa.

I felt like I saw that at one time too. But evidently, it either was the other list of re-called cast members, or it was since removed.

Glad we have a kitchen and a car!!

1 Like

At the risk of causing a panic, there’s no news yet about whether the DVC villas will have the kitchen equipment.

Remember all the guidance about no coffee makers? Disney have said there will be individually wrapped glasses etc. But will they have the crockery, cutlery, pots & pans? There was debate much earlier on (maybe not here), private rentals vs hotels and where DVC fitted in. The discussion died away. But nothing is confirmed and last time ia know someone asked MS the CM didn’t know.

1 Like

As an indication of industry standard - I stayed at a Marriott vacation club property a few weeks ago and their kitchen was fully stocked. They had other precautions, like deep cleaning of rooms, elevators limited to one party, masks in lobby, etc. I see no reason why the limitation on kitchen equipment would be necessary.

1 Like

So have they (Orange County / Florida) back-tracked on the mandatory conditions for hotels too? They specifically said no coffee makers etc.

I know DVC is a timeshare and that’s good to hear. But if they were worried about contamination and things not being cleaned well enough, then what’s changed? Are housekeepers going to run everything through the dishwashers between guests, or is that on the guests?

1 Like

I may have missed it but I thought it was only in the draft of their “suggested” proposals. I haven’t seen any reporting in probably a month or more. Admittedly I haven’t followed super closely.