Re-opening news for WDW

that cue filled up in less than 10 min. didn’t it… that’s awful and rude.

2 Likes

At the amusement park I went to they just had a toilet monitor that stood outside and only let like 3 people in at a time… way less than 50%.

Just seen this:

I’ll try and add some links to the first post about the Holidays at WDW news too.

3 Likes

AP holders will be getting a 30% discount on merch starting 9/15 through 10/29 but you cannot use it at Savi’s

Awesome!! I will save more!!!

Actually, I will probably now just spend more :wink:

1 Like

But it will seem like you’re saving more! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

What are they trying to make up for?! Reduced park hours… local APs have to take time off from work to visit due to the reduced hours or only go on the weekend (yuk to the weekend crowds). Sorry, I’m just fussing cuz I looked at the new hours and didn’t like the math :frowning: and I love math.

2 Likes

When will we see more restaurants open like Columbia House in MK and Woody’s Lunchbox at HS?

Oh, also the after 4pm tickets for Epcot now let you in at 2pm. In case we have any local liners.

1 Like

Gradually, some places have been opening up. It is probably a function of need though. If they aren’t billing rooms and the parks, it will be a while before they open up more in the parks.

Disney is stuck in a catch 22. They need more people before they will open more. People won’t come until there is more open! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can take your laptop to the park, just saying

1 Like

oh, what are you suggesting… I set up at a table somewhere in the park and work from there? hmmmmmmmmmmm :thinking: I wonder if Katsura has power???

4 Likes
1 Like

Is there a better work from “home” option? :rofl::rofl: I mean, if I was local I could imagine myself at Epcot every work day, sitting at various outdoor seating areas, zooming away!

3 Likes

Until the next thunderstorm blows through! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There are covered areas, ponchos, large umbrellas, lol. When there’s a will, there’s a way! We get a storm almost every other afternoon here. The idea definately has merit though, lol.

3 Likes

I used this on a Botany exam… got the point… the question was, “How does a one cell amiba move?”

3 Likes

It is all about timing. I’ve put way too much thought into this (daydreaming), but I think it is doable, specially with a flexible schedule. Just use thunderstorms as ride breaks :smiley:

Alternatively you could move to a covered area before the rain starts (I believe @Randall1028 worked from the Contempo Cafe at some point in 2019, if I recall correctly).

The hardest part would be meetings. In my case, all my meetings start after 2:30pm, I think I would have to head home before (I have teammates who took a couple of meetings from parks, but given confidentiality it would have to be quite an empty spot).

If Europa Park were selling annual passes I would probably be working from there (and staying at an AirBnB nearby). Working from Disney Paris is even more appealing, because there is an Annual Pass that gives you access to Extra Magic Hours - you could go on rides from 8:30 - 10:00 (EMH), work from 10:00 - 18:30 and then go on rides again until the park closes at 8pm.

4 Likes

“Oh, that’s not really spaceship earth - it’s just my Zoom background.” :joy:

7 Likes

Yes… Katsura… out of the way… .

ppl have been putting up fun zoom backgrounds, you could really get away w/ that! Someone at one of our meetings had Hogwarts library in the back… it was totally distracting… much like this forum; BACK TO WORK (say to myself)

3 Likes