Re-opening news for WDW

This is a bit odd. Why not just do temperature screenings at the resorts themselves? Although, I suppose there might be a couple places, like Trattoria, where you can get access to the restaurant without going into the resort.

I guess because that would mean screening far more people, including guests every time they came in to the lobby.

Imagine going swimming and then having to be temperature screened as you came back to get to your room. It’s somewhat impractical. What would they do if your temperature was above the allowed limit and you’re standing there in a swim suit, towel and flip flops?

I thought I read that Universal is screen at their resorts before you check in and if you don’t pass you don’t get to check in… ugh… can you imagine flying all that way just to be turned away ???

1 Like

I just looked at Disney Parks Availability and while Resort guests and Theme park tickets guests have all green all days APs is yellow until September :frowning: . I guess APs are going and using more than others? I’m looking cuz DH, DS will be Ticket guests while my AP is still active and we won’t have the same access. My DS only likes HS.

No, fewer slots are given to APs initially. Disney are still reserving slots for resort guests and offsite ticket holders.

But as I said, nearer to the day they switch unbooked slots over to the APs. In the same way they now allow CMs to use their “front gate” passes to book slots.

How Universal is doing it is you are screened each day, and given a band. Then you don’t need to be rechecked for the rest of the day until the following day, when you have to get a new band. (I assume they use difference colors for each day.)

I would have thought Disney would do the same thing. Oh well. No skin off my knee.

2 Likes

oh thanks for the intel :slight_smile: I feel a bit more encouraged :wink:

So I wonder what happens if a resort guest fails the temperature check? Do they banish the entire party immediately and pack their stuff up for them and dump it outside? Or are they just consigned to quarantine in their room?

Regardless, unless they were to man every single entrance to every single building it would only work for some resorts. WDW reserve the right to carry out temperature checks but to check everyone, every day would be a logistical nightmare.

We just checked into Hard Rock Hotel at UOR last night. They did check our temps before letting us in. Would have been a huge pain if we couldn’t check in after flying from WA. All was well though. Also they will scan us each morning and give us a wristband so we don’t need to be scanned again once outside in the heat.

5 Likes

So the onus is on you to go get checked each day?

Did they say what happens if anyone in the party fails it?

From Universal’s site:

What if a hotel guest registers a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater?
• If a guest registers a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater upon check-in, they will not be allowed to check-in until they receive medical clearance to do so. The rest of the guest’s party will be allowed to check in. We understand some guests may feel they have special conditions, which we will consider upon request.
• If a guest registers a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater anytime following the check-in screening, they are required to self-quarantine and seek medical attention. The hotel will follow medical professional’s recommendations as to whether the guest can safely remain on hotel property. An additional guest room may be provided for other members of their party and they will still be able to move about the resort as they continue to successfully undergo temperature screenings.

3 Likes

Yes, but they have employees at the only 2 entrances/exits that are open, so it is quick and easy.
I will ask later what happens if you fail it. I love that they do it before you go outside.

1 Like

This seems kind of silly. If the concern is COVID and one person in the party has a fever (and it is COVID) then they have likely already exposed the rest of their party. So if the person with the fever does in fact have it but the non-fever people in the party are allowed to go freely into parks or anywhere else, they can pass it to others. What am I missing?

7 Likes

I don’t think you’re missing anything. It doesn’t make much sense.

4 Likes

Theres “a hole in the plot” so to speak in a lot of the practices with opening up businesses. This weekend I went to a museum where every other bathroom was being blocked off for patrons, I’m assuming for social distancing purposes. This created a line and as soon as I came out of the bathroom, the next patron was in it. Was this really any safer than the patron using the blocked off bathroom next to me. I dunno?

2 Likes

That is odd.

1 Like

I wonder if WDW is having the same issue with APs as the zoo had here, where people book reservations and then don’t show. The zoo put in place a no-show policy where you can’t book for a period of time if you have 2 no-shows.

3 Likes

Disneyland has a similar policy for the flexpass. If you are a no show for 3 reservations within a 90 day period, you’re locked out from making a reservation for 30 days.

2 Likes

Yes!

In fact apparently Disney were stunned at the number of AP holders who booked for the preview days and never showed. :rage:

It was the same for FPs though, no change really.

I love the idea of penalising no shows. If you can’t come, cancel.

3 Likes

WDW has the same policy. But they need to make you cancel a week before, currently its the day before, which doesn’t give other any time to snag the reservations, unless its the day of.

If you are a no-show for 3 Park Pass Reservations within a 90-day period, you will be blocked from making any new park reservations for 30 days. To avoid a penalty , cancellations must be made up to the end of the day prior to the date of your reservation

2 Likes