Re-opening news for WDW

Well remembered about the Holidays! :joy:

1 Like

That’s the 12 month festival.

3 Likes

Personally, I think that’s a little short-sighted. They need to EXPAND. How about:

“The Epcot International MUSICAL Food and Garden Festival of The Holidays and Arts”

2 Likes

Sorry, they can’t have “International” in the title for the foreseeable future.

Edit: just realised it wasn’t you who used “International” first. Minus 2 points for @cherokee_jacket, minus 1 point for both you and @ninjasherrie.

1 Like

And coming soon: Mickey’s Not So Merry After Hours general purpose hard ticket event, featuring the same low crowd levels as during the day only AT NIGHT, as well as the opportunity to purchase special event-themed merchandise (including a limited edition mask) and delicious cupcakes, now only available at this event. Experience everything you love about MK’s special party events*! Tickets on sale 8/1, adults - $92, children - $89

*no live shows or fireworks or dance parties or parades or special character M&G will be offered at these events

3 Likes

Actually…that bit does interest me. My absolute FAVORITE part of Disney is being in Tomorrowland at night with the lights on. We need some after dark times! (In December, we’ll be able to have some after dark moments, however, so that will have to do.)

I’m just trying to bring the cupcakes back.

2 Likes

Just bring some of these along with you, and you’ll be good to go:

ETA: And if you want more variety:

1 Like

The Epcot Food and Garden Holiday Festival of the Arts brought to you by the International House of Pancakes

Link for Brits like @Nicky_S who might not get the reference

https://www.ihop.com/en

Ha! Hilarious…and quite fitting for EPCOT.

Ironically that link is barring my IP address.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

OMG WHAT? I would eat all of those. Not at once, but I want to try all of them and I don’t even like stale pre-packaged cupcakes.

If you are booked at BC or BWI anytime soon, you’ll want to keep an eye on your email. Although reopening dates were previously provided, that has been updated to include TBA date. WDW will be reaching out to impacted guests via email.

2 Likes

I thought BWV was already open, but BWI was not.

Yes my mistake/typo. Will fix

No problem. But you had me briefly worried, since we’re booked for BWV in December! :slight_smile:

There are changes to opening dates of some resorts, namely:

Poly - now opening October 4th (previously August 12th)

AoA - now opening November 1st ( previously August 12th)

BC - will remain closed until further notice (previously August 24th)
BWI - ditto (previously October 1st)

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/27jul2020-polynesian-resort-and-art-of-animation-reopening-delayed-and-others-cancelled.htm

1st post updated.

6 Likes

Cool. I like to keep people on their toes.

And some news just breaking.

Table Service restaurants at WDW Resorts Will now require temperature screenings for all guests:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/27jul2020-temperature-screenings-expanded-at-walt-disney-world.htm

1st post updated

1 Like

Well that’s interesting.