Re-opening news for WDW

Ugh. This change really sucks. I hope it’s temporary. I don’t care so much about not delivering to rooms, but that transporting to and from the airport is a life saver. Might as well just hire a private ride.

3 Likes

Well maybe I’ll just change my car to pickup at MCO then.

1 Like

Just to add a link:

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/resorts/

Disney’s Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport is continuing to operate during this period, with some modifications. Beginning July 16, 2020 Disney’s Magical Express service will not be providing luggage delivery service for those arriving to and departing from the airport.

Guests who choose to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be responsible for picking up any of their checked luggage from the airport’s baggage claim area, so that it can be loaded onto the motorcoach to their Disney Resort hotel. Please know that your luggage will travel with you to your Disney Resort hotel.

Luggage assistance will be available at the front of your Disney Resort hotel, including luggage storage and/or transport to the room.

Upon your departure, please ensure your luggage is with you and is loaded onto the motorcoach, so you can check it in with your airline once you reach the airport. The resort airline check-in service will not be offered at this time.

Many airlines have modified their flight schedules, so please confirm your flight information. If you plan to use Disney’s Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.

This is SO sad! Park of what made the Magical Express service magical was luggage service.

7 Likes

Agreed. It stinks.

Agreed.

Maybe it’s a staffing issue. Didn’t something like over a hundred MCO employees test positive a while ago? Maybe they just do not have the man power at the airport to get everyone’s luggage.

Hopefully they bring luggage service back soon.

2 Likes

It probably just doesn’t make financial sense.

With coaches running at presumably 25% capacity or so, there ‘s plenty of room for luggage.

If they had separate luggage runs, there might not even be enough to fill a truck in a reasonable time frame, meaning either they r7n half empty or people could be waiting all day.

This way cuts costs for a while. Once the coaches start filling up as restrictions ease, there won’t be room for all the luggage so they may well re-introduce the luggage delivery.

grrrrreat a new opportunity to get lost in the airport. :unamused:

On the bright side, I can now opt for a later flight that isn’t non stop with no ill effects.

It’s so not hard, Randall
You can do it
Go down the stairs on your right when you arrive. Get your luggage. Come back up the stairs, go through the giant lobby where you can see the hotel rooms, and proceed to DME as usual, dragging your bags behind you

I’m already turned around. …why do all the signs now say “atlanta”??

Also, you are HEAVILY underestimating my laziness and my absolute adoration that Disney played into it.

2 Likes

Laziness?

Have you even read your trip reports?

2 Likes

i mostly just look at the pretty pictures? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe you are lazy. I mean, I seem to recall you spend an awful lot of time just sitting around on boats and buses.

and eating…

I’m dreading to hear trip reports with how long ppl have waited for a motorcoach on DME. During peak times could be a while. I assume with capacity limits they would only take a few families at a time.

Not sure if my 9am arrival will be good or bad. Usually the earlier times are less crowded, right?

1 Like

As far as I know, a DME coach leaves either when it’s full or after a certain amount of time even if not full. So being less crowded is pure luck down to when people get there - but being on a less crowded bus could mean waiting much longer.

Now they are running at lower capacity, possibly 25% or so. I don’t think you’ll be waiting very long; if anything you’ll likely be away quicker on average.

1 Like

Just got video confirmation that the Kidani splash pad is indeed open! Also, Saratoga’s Donald splash pad! I am willing to forego fireworks for the spitting snakes! Woohoo :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thought this might be useful for people wondering about how the buses will operate:

No open windows. Count me out. The buses just look like virus capsules to me.
Even Uber requires all drivers to crack the windows.

2 Likes

One thing missing from the article is that before loading, they have to leave the doors open for four minutes before letting guests on to ensure the cabin can air out.

I saw this on a vlog, and the blogger actually asked the bus driver.

Regardless, for August, we plan to use our van or the Skyliner and not the bus. But actually that is more about concern for timing than safety.

1 Like

I’m not sure 4 minutes of open door does much to actually circulate the air out and bring new air in…or is there some other procedure to help with that?

2 Likes