Re-opening news for WDW

That’s what I thought, but the article confused me. This will have to take some serious thought. I can remote work when we get home, but the rest of the family can’t.

1 Like

Well Disneyland just announced delayed reopening…:grimacing:
Not sure that means for WDW

1 Like

I saw that and it sounded like the Governor hadn’t released guidelines for reopening and wouldn’t until July 4th so that didn’t leave a lot of time to get things in order. And they hadn’t reached agreements with the unions yet either. So I don’t know if pushing back the opening is because of those factors or related to the CA COVID numbers??

1 Like

I don’t think it means anything for WDW.

Florida numbers may have something to say about WDW. But what is happening in Cali is based on lack of governmental guidance in a timeline to support a 7/17 open

Brinksmanship. It seems petty to do the tit for tat thing between states. I am so sick of all the politics involved in the virus response😒

2 Likes

This was addressed in the Florida Orange County task force meeting today, and they made it clear they have no intention of stopping Disney from opening. If they do, it would be Disney’s decision alone.

1 Like

What?

That’s good. It seems like Disney’s liability warning that we all risk sickness by going to the parks should relieve them of issues relating to increasing numbers of positive covid tests. We’re all going to have to be brave and start living our lives again, including going on our anticipated Disney vacations.

1 Like

Glad WDW is not canceling their opening like Disneyland.

Below is the link to the NY executive order regarding mandatory quarantine when incoming from hotspots (like Florida).

Highlights:
All travelers entering New York from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% test positivity rate, over a seven day rolling average, will be required to quarantine for a period of 14 days consistent with Department of Health regulations for quarantine.

Any violation of a quarantine or isolation order issued to an individual pursuant to the Commissioner of the Department of Health’s travel advisory by a local department of health or state department of health may be enforced pursuant to article 21 of the public health law, and non-compliance may additionally be deemed a violation pursuant to section 12 of the public health law subject to a civil penalty of up to $10,000.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-205-quarantine-restrictions-travelers-arriving-new-york

https://regs.health.ny.gov/volume-title-10/content/section-213-isolation-and-quarantine-procedures

1 Like

It’s just postponed - not cancelled. Also, Disney didn’t make the decision. The Governor of CA hasn’t given them the OK to do it (yet). CA stated they aren’t going to make any further actions about reopening large venues until on / after July 6th. That’s only a potential 10 day delay. (Could it be longer? - Absolutely!)

IMHO - CA is trying to keep as many gatherings down as possible through the upcoming holiday weekend. This appears to be about more than just DLR.

7 Likes

HI!

Just jumping in here to add that hours for the Car Care Center at WDW have changed, likely due to COVID19

I logged into Alamo last night to update my pickup time to earlier in the day, and it was throwing errors at me even though my pickup and drop off times were within the windows outlined both on the Alamo page and the WDW page.

I finally called in and spoke with Sonny who told me that the Care Care Center is closed on Sundays at this time. I do question this information, but I’m sharing what I was told.

However they do offer after hours drop off on Saturday. Since we leave on Sunday this will work okay for us; we will use Disney transport for those final hours. I’m a little concerned about dropping off without actual hands on but will do as noted in another thread and take photos and video of what I am turning in.

Now I am scheduled to pick up at 1pm when we arrive, and drop off at 6:30 the night before we leave.

I am wondering at what point I would have been notified about the hours change, but I’m guessing it wouldn’t have been until I picked the car up on arrival.

good info. I use alamo too and was concerned about whether SD dropoff would be available. I’m going to have to keep an eye on this.

1 Like

Adding info about transportation.

Express and Resort Monorail running a limited service.
No Epcot beam service, buses from monorail resorts to Epcot.

Skyliner running all three lines.

Boats from Poly, WL and FW to MK.
No Friendship or Sassagoula River boats.

No Minnie Vans.

Disney Magical Express is running.

6 Likes

And:
Ferry boats from TTC to MK

1 Like

And no parking lot trams.

1 Like

Is the boat that runs between FW, WL, CR running?

It doesn’t say but I would have thought so.

I can’t find anything on the DPB or the website yet. :frowning:

1 Like

ADR booking is now open for everyone.

60 day window + length of onsite stay up to 10 days.

Split stays have separate booking windows.

2 Likes

Disney’s Magical Express is stopping the luggage delivery as of July 16th.

You will now have to collect your own luggage and take it with you to the coach. And the same on the way back, no Resort Airline Check-in.

It isn’t clear whether this is a temporary change.

1 Like