Re-opening news for WDW

I would choose the parks based on the days you prefer to go :man_shrugging:. With caps in place, every day should be roughly the same and lines should be relatively short. With no virtual lines, everyone will be in standby which should make the lines shorter than they would be with Fastpass. In other parks like UOR and Shanghai Disneyland, lines have been between 5-20 min for major rides, with a few that could be up to an hour at busier times of day. I would expect RotR, FoP, 7DMT and SDD will continue to draw hour long lines, but not 2 or 3 hours. Everything else should be reasonable - maybe 10-20 min. Some will be walk on all day.

Just a guess though. No one really knows.

4 Likes

By December though, the numbers will be ramped up and the lines will be longer.

It’s quite possible by then there could be FPs back in play etc.

Personally I would use a similar pattern to the pre-Covid days and put DHS and AKL towards the end.

5 Likes

Agreed - I missed that this was for December.

1 Like

The Disney masks have a size chart, which is very nice. My 10 year old was a medium:

Cloth Face Mask Sizing Guide:

Measure from the bridge of the nose to the bottom of the chin*

Size Measurement

Small 2 1/2’’ - 3 1/2’’

Medium 3 1/4’ - 4 1/2’’

Large 4 1/4’ - 6’’

• Please note: Select the largest size that your measurement falls into.

Thoughts of the day…

I’ve been thinking about WDW plans and how they are opening up things through September 2021. I just realized that Sept 2021 will be 18 months since the pandemic started closing things down, including WDW. I think they burned so many people with March- June ressies that they are being very cautious and using the 18 month pandemic window that many experts have cited to ensure that they (hopefully) under promise and over deliver.

This all feels like it is going on forever but when you think of 18 months, it’s really a blink of an eye.

1 Like

I’ve added a link to the park availability chart to the first post.

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets

2 Likes

… I use K all the time. Now I wonder who I have inadvertantly offended.

3 Likes

Just in case it hasn’t been posted… Here’s the ride closure list for WDW

I wonder why Launch Bay is closed but Walt Disney Presents is open.

I’m guessing it’s because of the character meeting at Launch Bay will be closed. Plus, the “crowd” at WDP is never large enough to need social distancing! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I wonder if all the “water features” will be closed in all the parks. I guess I get it but damn its going to make for hot ass days

1 Like

If you are talking about “splash zones / play areas” like Casey Jr. Splash 'N Soak Station - those are listed in the “Closed” section of the article posted above. (A lot of areas, like Disney Springs, have their fountains turned off too, so people don’t run through them.)

Water rides like Splash Mt. / Kali River Rapids are going to be available

Has this already been posted on a thread somewhere? CM(?) petitioning against re-opening…

yeah its a public petition online. If you read it, a lot of them are NOT CMs. They tried that in California too and resort CMs were called back yesterday

1 Like

There are over 75,000 CM at WDW, there is going to be a wide variety of opinions on re-opening.

1 Like

Sigh. And factor in needing to quarantine after visiting WDW if you’re from NY, NJ, or CT.

It’s only right!

When those states cases were higher than FL, FL required it.

Now the shoe is on the other foot :wink:

3 Likes

The article says they don’t want the virus coming back on the plane. So are we supposed to quarantine in FL before boarding a plane to come home, or quarantine after we get home?

After you get home.

I would suspect after getting home. That’s how the Texas one worked for people incoming from hot spots. Texas did send out staff to confirm people were quarantining where they said they were.

I’m not seeing details on NY website yet. Watch there. Or applicable state. I wouldn’t be surprised to see other states follow suit.

1 Like