Re-opening news for WDW

AP Holders staying offsite can book park reservations for three days.

Those staying onsite can book them for length of stay.

Passholder previews on July 9th & 10th.

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/annual-passes/

I was just asked what I want for my birthday 7/3

One roundtrip ticket for MHT-MCO for 7/9? :smiley:

3 Likes

I might drive – road trip time!

1 Like

Too far for me.

1 Like

I also have all kinds of SW credit piled up from canceled trips…

1 Like

Okay. That’s not what it sounded like you meant. :slight_smile:

Got my Disney face masks in the mail today!

2 Likes

Our first batch - medium - arrived today. They fit me pretty well, but they fit my kids PERFECTLY. The large are coming soon and I should be able to go either way with them.

2 Likes

What are the ages of your kids? I have an almost 8 year old and a 13 year old. Both are very big for their ages.

My large are arriving Monday. I hope they fit!

1 Like

A 12yo boy and a petite 16yo girl. Small frame not stature.

Ok thanks! Its hard to say what they will be able to wear.

1 Like

Me neither. Given how the curves have looked in other places, I find it really hard to imagine that the virus won’t have passed through FL by then.

1 Like

I haven’t dug into the NH regulations too deep but I swear I had seen originally that we dirty, dirty MA residents were allowed to quarantine at home prior to a stay in NH. I think it was either an airBnB reservation or a campground that I was looking at? I guess we could also just stay with my parents and use their car. I like the ME rule that just wants to see a negative COVID test.

Yes, that is true.

You can quarantine at home for 14 days prior to arrival, and then you have to sign an affadavit attesting to that you’ve done that.

However, that was specific to hotels and rentals.

Perhaps they want to take the onus off the theme parks to have to do this?

When are you hoping to go? Maybe things will change by then?

1 Like

We want to go at the end of August so we have some time. We could even do September really. I just wanted to try and book lodging soon. But we are flexible! FLEXIBLE I say!

It will be most interesting to see how Canobie handles things since I would think over half their audience is from MA.

2 Likes

Ooh good point about Canobie.

I wonder if these places might just trash the season and call it a loss with these restrictions in place, not unlike many summer camps have

1 Like

:sob::sob: summer camp

I know Edaville railroad (aka Thomasland) down by the Cape called the season off at least a couple of months ago. But they do open in December so have a potential revenue stream there. I get the feeling that Canobie is itching to open but Storyland sounds like they are having trouble hiring so may need to make a call. They already said our APs will be good for next year. We may go up north regardless because I need to leave my home!

1 Like

Ok for the people who don’t care about New England theme parks, I picked this out of the more detailed guidelines. I wish Florida would recommend this!

“Centralized attraction verification locations are encouraged to allow for height, age, and weight checks. Wristbands may be issued for verification.“

Hello Planner Friends!
So we have a December 2020 trip on the books and my plan has been to watch with interest to see how things go with the park reservation system (& reopening) to help me decide how to proceed when trying to reserve park days. Well joke’s on me since Disney has decided that we will ALLLLLL be getting on the website on Monday (or soon after) and figuring it out togther!

What has the general consensus been here on how to choose a park? Do we feel like it doesn’t matter since they’re all lower capacity and will all hit capacity? Or do we think that still trying to loosely follow the crowd calendar will increase our chances of successfully reserving a park since maybe not as many people will be trying for that park on that day?

Also, has the Touring Plans staff weighed in on this? I usually keep up with the You Tube videos and haven’t seen anything, but maybe missed it? Or have they posted a discussions/thoughts/suggestions somewhere else?

I scrolled through some of this thread but it was probably discussed long ago… if anyone would be willing to update me I would be really appreciative!