Rainy day at AK?

Looks like we had similar itinerary!

9 Likes

Wife just showed me this video she caught from rainy KS also.

Planning to write up a full and honest trip report this week.

8 Likes

That’s so awesome!

1 Like

We must have been on it just before or after you. We saw them playing in the water too

1 Like

Wow this is an awesome thread all the way around! I just read it through and loved all of the amazing pics and great tips contributed!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

We came back to AK today….much nicer weather

8 Likes

Swoon! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This post was a good reminder why I need 2 AK days……

1 Like

We had a similar experience Friday only sorta in reverse. We had already planned a late start Friday and decided to push it back to around noon and slept in/chilled before heading to AK.

We ended up waiting in line for FOP for about 80 minutes because it started operating at partial capacity. We were ok with that because at least we stayed dry.

Since we had reservations at Tusker House at 6:55, we hung around. By 5:00/5:30, the park was virtually empty and we could walk directly onto any ride in the park.

So our takeaway was that, if you have decent enough rain gear/are willing to accept getting wet, there can be some huge advantages to sticking around through the rain, especially if you get there early or are there later in the day when everyone else finally bails.

4 Likes

We alway get stuck in the rain at AK.

8 Likes

It’s happened to me too.

Kids got chilly. We ducked into Nomad’s Lounge for Churros and Hot Chocolate.

2 Likes

I love ducking into Nomad

But I’ve never gotten hot chocolate :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t know they had hot chocolate, and now this is on the list for my January trip!

1 Like

The bad part my wife who was over in Pandora had our rain jackets.

We were in AK that day! And it rained the whole day, and we got soaked because our raincoats weren’t long enough. But DH and DD were able to ride Everest three times in a row (I stayed in the gift shop because its not my thing).

2 Likes