Rainy day at AK?

Both are good choices!

1 Like

I think I would do a monorail tour with stops for snacks/drinks. If the weather cooperates, maybe even hop a boat launch to WL (their tree is always amazing).

For me, I figure I can go to movies at home, but there isn’t a cool monorail and awesomely decorated resorts all that close to my house. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I am going to suggest something to eat at BlueZoo lounge followed by JellyRolls.

2 Likes

I love the suggestions. I think we are going to hit up the monorail for snacks and Christmas stuff and then Jellyrolls depending on how we are feeling. Do we have to make reservations there or can we just go?

2 Likes

No reservation for JellyRolls- just walk up.

1 Like

Is there still a cover charge? It was just discussed on a recent podcast episode.

I don’t know if it is being waived or not. I believe it was waived before the closure- not sure now.

Yes, I heard it discussed- maybe the Boardwalk series?

No this was on the Dis Off the Rails. At least the discussion I heard.

Ok, I don’t listen to that one and I heard a reference to the cover charge in the last week. The report was not recent experience so I don’t know if it is back. They did mention to eat before you go (yes- I did hear that report on the MY DVC Points Podcast).

1 Like

I’ll report if we end up there. The app doesn’t say anything about a cover charge, but we’ll see

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is a cover charge based on a Paging Mr. Morrow video I watched recently. I think it’s in the $10 range.

1 Like

I gotta subscribe to him. I keep meaning to

He will make your day. Seriously. He’s like the shiny bright happy person I wish I was all the time.

2 Likes

Oh for sure. I’ve watched a bunch of his stuff but just haven’t remembered to hit subscribe.

You know who else we discovered who is just pure joy – but DL focused – is Five Fires. That guy is just having fun and not trying to sell you jack squat.

2 Likes

Oh I’ll have to check him out. I really appreciate that in bloggers.

2 Likes

Went through GF….wow what a beautiful place. The gingerbread house was amazing and the piano player was mixing in some Christmas with the Disney stuff

13 Likes

Just finished dinner at contempo cafe

13 Likes

We’ll, we didn’t make it to Jellyrolls, maybe another day. We are both wet, cold, and tired, so heading back to the resort to rest up for a hopefully drier day tomorrow

Thanks again for all your help. My wife couldn’t believe I had people “on stand by” to answer all my questions. Thanks for making me look like a planning rock star

13 Likes

You ARE a planning rockstar. We are your backup singers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We live for this stuff. Happy to help! Warm up, dry out, and full steam ahead tomorrow!

7 Likes

Thanks! In an internet full of awful, this is one awesome community

6 Likes