Qwerty needs help USO/IOA - 96% of a plan - and we are very excited!

:crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Yes. As we say in our house, ā€œBeow.ā€

2 Likes

I can see that. If it were me or my child, that would be a hard no. Too many things can go wrong. But, then again, Iā€™m probably paranoidā€¦

1 Like

Understandable. As long as the total time from when I disconnected to when I connect back isnā€™t more than 2 hours or so total, it shouldnā€™t be a problem. This is why I PREbolus. So, if the line is 1 hour, Iā€™ll give myself a bolus equal to how much my pump would give me in that hour. Once in my system, insulin remains ā€œon-boardā€ in the body for roughly 2 1/2 hours (well, longer, but not enough to be useful). So, I have the first hour covered. If the line is longer than that hour, when I get off the ride I have to POSTbolus the amount I missed. But thatā€™s also the time period when it becomes a little more annoying due to things like you mentionedā€¦unexpected ride stops, etc.

Fortunately, Iā€™ve never been to any other amusement park that makes me take off my pump.

2 Likes

OT - I havenā€™t packed for VACATION since 2019. Iā€™m so out of practice!!

7 Likes

But itā€™s so exciting! The packing. The traveling. The experiencing. Youā€™re overdue (since 2019)!

2 Likes

It is. I agree. Thank you.

Itā€™s something you never forget how to do? Like riding a bicycleā€¦

It feels so foreign to me right now.

1 Like

I hear you. I packed for a weekend to go to the Loch Norman Highland Games, and didnā€™t do a great job. Plus, Iā€™m now having to pack more things due to this stupid (lifesaving) colostomy. About to have to pack again for a three day staff retreat. I hope I do better. I just get so tired of packing essentials that most people donā€™t have to deal with. I shouldnā€™t have to have 3 suitcases to bring everything.

2 Likes

Big heart.
I didnā€™t realize the surgery included that. I was in and out of open thread. :heart:

3 Likes

Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re referring to the opening time for the Galaxy Bowl Restaurant, but you can reserve a bowling lane for as early as 3pm.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just going to head there as soon as we check in and find out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

How would you be able to reserve a lane if itā€™s not open though? I thought you had to reserve a lane in person.

1 Like

The 407-503-4230 phone recording says bowling actually opens at 1:00pm and to get there early in person to reserve a lane.

1 Like

Hey! I have sorta been able to follow alongā€¦When I get back home Iā€™ll be able to really dive in and give input :grin:

2 Likes

That would be awesome! I loved your VB info!! I donā€™t think I can drink four cocktails, but I hope to have an equally awesome day otherwise.

6 Likes

If it helps, I really shouldnā€™t haveā€¦I donā€™t know how the Drinking Around the World crowds do it

4 Likes

They share? Or, they drink slowly and with food. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stop using good common senseā€¦Canā€™t you see Iā€™m on vacation! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes