Qwerty needs help USO/IOA - 96% of a plan - and we are very excited!

I’d plan on a couple of VB mornings and dry park afternoons.
The wait times are much shorter in the mornings and Kraka-whatever will probably run out of return times by early afternoon? Darkmite could give a better estimate on that.

1 Like

I love that you consistently call it this.

4 Likes

If my TP’s are at all accurate, this will be done by 1PM. Maybe this is a good time to go to VB after all?
Way before 5PM…

1 Like

Are you up to speed on the locker situation at the attractions?

Also, I wanted to mention, you are allowed to take food and beverages on Hogwart’s Express.

2 Likes

Just looked at your IOA 5/16 plan. I just wanted to mention to do the Raptor Encounter sometime. And also check out Camp Jurassic, it’s one of the best exploring/play areas in any park.

3 Likes

you have crib notes on the lockers?
I’ve watched videos, but I can’t say I have command of the situation.

Can you think of a reason we would do this? Like grab a Butterbeer?

2 Likes

Ugh - I hate that I missed those bc those are 100% what my DD9 is all about.
I am sure I will have time on day 2… maybe ride back to IOA and play a bit.

1 Like

Yes it’s good to be mentally prepared for these. Especially if your whole party is riding and no one can be the ‘bag holder’. The locker system is easy and fast. Just scan your ticket at one of the stations. The 3 water rides have lockers available for a fee, but you don’t have to use them.

Lockers

• Locker use is required at certain attractions. Small lockers are free but large lockers are not free.
    • A mini backpack, drawstring bag, or sling bag fit in the free lockers.
  • These attractions you may not take any type of bag or purse on: (fanny packs are permitted)
    • USF: Mummy, Gringotts, Men in Black IOA: Forbidden Journey, Hagrid’s
  • These attractions you may not have any loose items including phones, keys, wallets: (metal detectors used) and any type of bag.
    • USF: Rip Ride Rockit IOA: Incredible Hulk, VelociCoaster.
1 Like

So a fanny pack is allowed everywhere?
My mom won’t ride anything. BUT I don’t want her holding stuff for 9 other people like a pack mule.

That is why we usually have a day where just do favorites, plus anything we missed. Hard to get it all in on the first pass for fear of missing something more significant. The Thursday I mentioned doing that…it would be a good time to plan for Camp Jurassic, etc.

But the WWoHP day the goal is to try to be done early with everything Harry Potter…the place gets jam-packed in the afternoon.

4 Likes

Except those 3 attractions on bullet point 3.

2 Likes

What is nice is that there is room to roam…

Not in RRR, Hulk, or VC. You can’t have ANYTHING AT ALL, even in your pockets. You have to use the free lockers.

2 Likes

Gotcha - didn’t know if they were considered “loose.”
I’ll use lockers whenever we can. They had them at BG-Williamsburg and they were worth every cent.

You don’t have to pay for the lockers on those three rides.

1 Like

I should probably add bags to clarify!

1 Like

Wednesday (touringplans.com)

Hmmmm - looks like starting with ET is a bad idea?

Edit:
Moved ET to number three and this is nice!!!
Wednesday (touringplans.com)

The one thing you CAN have is your park ticket or bar code for your locker, obviously. They allow you to keep your park ticket in a lanyard, but they tell you to tuck the lanyard into your shirt.

2 Likes

why would I want a ticket?
I don’t have a ticket.
I have a handy QR code I told my phone about today. Well - 9 of the 10 went in my phone. It didn’t want DD9’s code. So I will try to upload it again after 24 hours…

You have to have something with a bar code to activate the locker. If you don’t have a physical ticket, they will give you slip of paper with a bar code on it specifically for using lockers.

4 Likes