"Quiet" spots to take a Break

Going on vacation with family members of different ages and hoping to get some advice on some relatively quiet spots that we can spend some time in to recoup, when needed. Pretty sure that if we can just sit quietly out of the hustle and bustle for a little break that they will be able to continue on. A mid-morning and a mid-evening break should be just the ticket to get us thru!

We are planning to leave the parks every day after lunch and spend time at the hotel and pools and then return in late afternoon. What are your favorite spots to relax?

2 Likes

Carousel of Progress

3 Likes

Tom Sawyer Island

3 Likes

In MK Tom Sawyer Island. We also chilled on the porch at Cosmic Rays since it’s shaded and has a fan and had a soda while kids napped. Epcot there are various pavilions - China is nice inside. UK gardens are nice and shaded and there’s a maze for the kids.
HS not much except for shows. Sci-fi also can work as a break.

AK - Boneyard for kids but that’s hot. You could walk the trails but that’s walking. Could also do shows.

3 Likes

MK: Tom Sawyer’s island

AK: Boneyard for kids who need to unwind (not quiet nor relaxing but really good for young children, if you have some in your party). Also, there are some benches right in front of expedition everest’s big drop which is a nice place to seat. Not quiet or secluded either though. There is a spot along the Africa-Asia walk where a few people can sit with a great view on the tree of life but it’s a small spot and I’m not sure of the precise location.

HS: There are some benches around echo lake, again not very quiet but it’s the best I can think of.

3 Likes

The upper level of Columbia Harbour House is often quite empty.

2 Likes

ssshhhh… that one’s my secret quiet place. =P

1 Like

The gardens at Japan in WS are very restful. The gardens at Canada are also typically quiet, but without a lot of shade, can be hot in the summer.

1 Like

In HS, there is the area by the exit for TT, right outside the gift shop. If you want a/c, go into and through the gift shop and there are benches by the ride exit.

2 Likes

EP - the caverns of the Canada pavillion
AK - the deck off of Nomads Lounge (entrance to Pandorah)

2 Likes

I’m not sure exactly what it is or if it is affected by any closures going on, but in Epcot next to Club Cool there is an indoor air conditioned space I passed through to get toward the Land pavillion (I think, it’s been a while. There were benches to sit and big windows to look out and watch the people melting in the sun.

2 Likes

It all depends where you are at when you’re ready for a break. I’ll share some MK spots for now

Right now - the train station is pretty awesome. The trains aren’t running so not a lot of people happen up there.
The gazebo area behind the Christmas shop is usually pretty quiet, even when Mary Poppins is meeting back there.
The upstairs bridge-over-the-pathway room at Columbia Harbor House is generally quiet
And Tom Sawyer Island, sitting in the rocking chairs looking out toward BTMRR is an awfully nice way to spend a bit of time.

2 Likes

The little nook next to the exit to Pirates of the Caribbean.

1 Like

Thought of one more - The Seas Pavilion at Epcot. Exploring the tanks is cool and relaxing.

2 Likes

In HS studio there is the movie One Mans Dream about Walt Disney. We took an hour long nap in that movie theater and waited for the rain to stop.

1 Like

Thank you for all of the suggestions. They all sound like good spots for a break. Now do any of them serve certain libations to help some relax even more? For the mid-evening break of course. No indulging too early!!

2 Likes

Agreed!! Columbia Harbour house upstairs is a great place to recharge your phone and escape the madness. Even when the downstairs is just crazy busy I can always find a corner upstairs to hide in.

2 Likes

AK: down behind/beside Flametree BBQ there is a ton of seating, and a lot of it is covered either by umbrellas or canopies. If you go down far enough there is a group of tables right by the water, and you can look straight across to EE and hear the shrieks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

On our visit earlier this month, we found it relaxing to have lunch toward the end of the lunch hour so as we were finishing our meals the restaurants were almost deserted. The staff allowed us to just kick back and enjoy the AC and stillness. Marrakesh restaurant in EPCOT’s Morocco is great for this peaceful time.

3 Likes

The Mexico Pavilion.

1 Like