Quick loan question

We are contemplating adding points directly through DVC. (Current resale owners)
I was curious if you know if you are able to pay your DVC loan monthly payments (NOT Dues) using your Disney visa to accumulate the points.

This would a “pro” to add to reasons to buy direct.

It looks like you can?

I believe you can. I put my BWV purchase on my Disney Visa for the 6 months 0% plus points.

You definitely can

1 Like

Ok awesome. Is it considered a Disney purchase where you get the 2%?

That I do not know.

Yes, 2%

2 Likes

Yes it is and this is what I did.

I took out a loan from my bank. I then had DVC bill my Disney Visa once a week for an amount less than my credit limit, in this case I had them charge it 5,000 per week. I paid the balance of our credit card with the loan from my bank (which was also a better rate then DVC). We got 2% rewards on the purchase.

I then used the 2% rewards we accumulated to pay about 2/3 or our dues payment.

3 Likes

Well we pulled the trigger and bought 75 direct at VGF. Didn’t want to miss out on the price point. I had major FOMO. Plan is to pay off our OKW contract next year and then buy the next 75 once it’s paid.

Down payment and monthly’s will be put on the Disney visa!

7 Likes

Welcome home!

1 Like

Welcome home!

1 Like

Congrats! I think it’s inevitable that I’ll buy direct someday, but I’m trying to wait as long as I can! :joy:

2 Likes

Did you confirm that you will be a blue card holder if you buy two 75 point contracts? I am curious because I have 50 points resale and 50 points direct and have thought about possibly adding on in a few years and wondering if it’s worth even considering more direct points.

1 Like

I don’t believe it matters how many direct contracts you have as long as it adds up to the 150 points.

3 Likes

Thanks all!

I now constantly have the inevitable feeling of doom that one of our cars is going to fall apart now :rofl:

Our use year will be June just like OKW. I don’t know if we will use these points in the next year since we already have our trips set. Might have to bank them, or rent them to help pay our loan off. We have until January to decide though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never a bad thing to be in a banking situation.

If you’re like me, you just spend the hell out of the thing :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s true for sure!

I can’t even think about it at the moment, I’ve already planned into Feb of 2023 :laughing:

It also wouldn’t be the worst idea to use those points at 7 months and try to upgrade to a 1BR for Feb at OKW.

So many options!!

2 Likes

Be careful. That’s going to be an expensive upgrade… in terms of what it will cost you going forward. It’s so hard to go back to studio life after 1br and up!

2 Likes

First time we rented, we did a 1 BR. So, of course, we pretty much only want to book 1 Bedrooms going forward. But, to save points, for example, in December, we are doing 3 nights in a Studio, and then 5 nights in a 1 Bedroom. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

right? You do it because you have to (studios) but you know how much you really want that 1BR

DH and I are going in September. Then we are not planning any more trips until at best late 2023 but more likely 2024.

So I was thinking - could I should I borrow from the next use year to take that 1BR in September over the studio??? :thinking:

Ultimately I have decided I’d rather bank forward and Go Big Or Stay Home in 2024. But it’s a real struggle talking myself down off that ledge!

2 Likes