Questions!

The forum is new and shiny! If you have any questions about it, ask here, and we’ll try to answer as best we can.

1 Like

Would it be possible to add another category within each park area for Special Events like F&W, Holiday parties, NOJ, SWW, etc?

5 Likes

I second @Armadillo_Alert’s suggestion. Considering doing MVMCP for the first time this year and I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions!

What is the site optimized for as far as operating systems & browsers (for both phones and computers)?

2 Likes

Is there a way to change the sorting? I kinda like most recent to be at the top, but can’t figure out if it’s an option.

1 Like

And how do we get rid of the ads? We’ve already subscribed. Should we need to see ads? Thanks @Lentesta

5 Likes

@spookyt23, there should be a row at the top of your screen that lists “categories”, “latest”, etc. Click “latest” and it should sort them by most recently commented upon

1 Like

Will this ever be part of the app?

I think the plan for right now is to keep this separate from the app, and leave Lines Chat running as an in-park chat tool, while this forum takes over for the day to day topics, general questions, and basic chat.

1 Like

This question probably doesn’t belong here, but maybe it will get answered anyway.

The other day the touringplans.com website interface was awesome- it was tiled and had links at the bottom to the blog. I even tweeted how much I loved it. The next time I opened the page, it was back to the slightly expanded top menu bar normal version.

Please bring back the super use-friendly tiled version!

There is no such thing, @Armadillo_Alert. I’d love to show you what it looks like, but apparently “new users can’t upload images”. Think maybe there should have been some sort of override for people who’d been in the predecessor for about 6 or 7 years? Ugh.

2 Likes

Are you kidding me? I can’t even post a URL OF AN IMAGE to show you what I’m talking about? That is the most ridiculous thing ever.

http:// i DOT imgur DOT com SLASH 954LkoI DOT png

There. Go ahead and reassemble the URL yourself. Then you can see that there are no such things. No “latest”, and the headings that are there aren’t clickable in any case.

Yes, you are limited the first 24 hours on what you can and can’t post. Within the first day you are limited also on the number of threads you can start and the number of replies you can issue. This restriction lifts after the first day to prevent new accounts abusing the forum.

Actually, @Mr.Ittu, this is what I was referring too. This is an image of my “home” screen here on the forum.

What is the trick to uploading an avatar and background photo? Does the photo need to be a certain size or something first? I am clicking on upload, selecting a photo, hitting open, and nothing.

Are you trying to upload from a phone or computer?

From my computer. Windows 8, using Chrome as my browser.

Yep. That’s #2 on our list of things to do, after lowering bandwidth for mobile. We’ll get it done shortly.

Hmmmm…I uploaded from Chrome on Win7 without issue. What kind of file is it? And what happens when you give it a filename? Does the site just sit there and spin?

for real?

so the 40 THOUSAND posts of information I’ve provided before don’t give me enough street cred to get by that?
wow. The DIS don’t do that.

2 Likes