Questions!

Lines Chat and the new forum dont share databases, so there’s no way to automatically bring that data over. This isnt a decision on our part to make people “new users”. Its a default setting of the forum software to help prevent spamming from bots. We’re talking about potentially turning off the setting this for now, because most new users will be from Lines Chat, but a final decision hasnt been made yet.

1 Like

It’s a normal jpg image. I was able to do it from my phone without a problem. Just not my laptop. It would not spin or anything just go back to the profile screen as if I had done nothing. I will try again tonight.

Another question. On iPhone, out of Safari for about 10 minutes. Reopened straight to forum but had to sign back in again. Can I prevent that from happening? TIA.

@Iheartepcot @Lentesta I’m having the same issue. Iphone 5s, safari. it times out and I have to keep logging back in when I’m on my phone.

@armadillo_alert what about within a thread? I don’t see an option like that. Or it could be my eyes aren’t awake yet.

I’m on my phone and don’t see those options when I am within a thread. Not sure if they don’t exist within a thread or if I just can’t see them because of the layout.

I dont think there’s any sorting within a thread. And the column sorting on the topic listing is turned off in mobile I think.

What is the difference between “Latest” and “New” I don’t see much of a difference. I clock both of them and it tells me that the last post was over an hour ago, which I know can’t be correct, so how do we see the posts that have been posted on recently.

And when I click the Activity button to sort, it sorts by the time the post was created, and not the last post. How can I sort this?

In the “Latest” tab, if you click “Topic” it will sort by last post time. If you arent seeing any recent posts, try hitting refresh. Let me know if this helps!

Thanks, that works, but my new problem is that it is showing that the latest post is 6 minutes old, but when I click on it, there are several between 6 minutes ago and now. It isn’t refreshing with true new posts. I have to clear my cache to make it update. Even logging out and back on doesn’t work.

“Latest” is all threads, sorted by the date of the most recent post in each thread.

“New” is all threads that have had posts since you last logged in to the forums.

Thanks @Mr_Itty!

@daybreaker I switched to Google Chrome and all my issues are resolved on that browser. My IE browser is still having the same problems.

Why can’t I access the subscribers only area???

Is there a place to sign in without entering a topic first?

Also, a toolbar blocks the top of the message area and even tho I can see the preview I cant get back to what I typed (the 1st few lines) cuz its under that. I’m on a glaxt tab3 using a chrome browser.

he out[quote=“daybreaker, post:1, topic:202, full:true”]
The forum is new and shiny! If you have any questions about it, ask here, and we’ll try to answer as best we can.
[/quote]

What is the difference between “watching” and “star”?

I read someplace in the forums that STAR means you want to follow that thread and get notified if there are new responses. I then see that WATCHING is that you will be notified of every new post in this topic. A count of unread and new posts will also appear next to the topics listing. Does the STAR not do this also or is there some subtle differences?

Right now I’m doing both on threads that I want to keep an eye on. Is this a good practice?

Any insight anyone can give will be greatly appreciated!!!

To my knowledge, the only thing “starring” a thread does is add it to your Starred list. It’s basically the equivalent of the old “BFL” on chat.