Q4 Earnings Call

Also, the market wasn’t impressed by the call either (dropped about 6%). In a strong market, Disney is down 8% year to date.
Impossible to try and find simple answers for why on such a giant company, but simple “solutions” to charge more don’t always cut it.

4 Likes

Although I will say the headline for the drop is that Disney Plus has had slow growth.

Before they redid that area the hotdogs there was grilled in front of you and was high quality meat and absolutely delicious (and also not $8). Now it’s just gross like any other random hotdogs. CCH would definitely be better.

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware they changed it. Oops. So a bad hotdog indeed!

3 Likes

At some point that would happen though wouldn’t it, due to market saturation??

2 Likes

I already told my family I won’t consider going back until after Tron and Guardians are both open. And my wife and I agreed we wouldn’t look to stay on site again until they give back some of the benefits to justify the exorbitant up charge.

Chapek and D’Amaro’s strategy of cutting services and raising prices is gonna bite them in the ass eventually.

8 Likes

You could swing by the Baseline Taphouse for the Charcuterie Board before you leave HS. I found it to be a pretty good value.

3 Likes

Oh, I’ve never been but they are sure advertising it a lot on local TV commercials and what they’re showing looks good and I wouldn’t have to pay $259 (WDW Holly Party) on top of my AP to see it. Also trying to sell their AP.

I’ve bought the Fun Card a few times myself. 2 visits covers the cost. It’s really nice they include their holiday offerings in their daily ticket.

1 Like

This is sounds nice right now instead of all the upcharging

1 Like

Restaurants generally provide ample servings because the food is such a small % of their cost. People might grumble about too much food, but no one is going to not return because of it. On the other hand, if they will if there isn’t enough.

For me, if I have room for dessert and didn’t have to do some serious pre-planning, I’ll be so ticked off at the restaurant that I won’t order a dessert anyway. If the dessert will the highlight of the meal, I’ll get that first.

I also roll my eyes and ignore people when they complain about too much food. My grandmother used to do that in a pointed being-a-turd manner after she went on a diet.

3 Likes

I have this on my to do list based on Lens rave review, but based on that picture I’ve got to wonder just how hungry Len was when he tried it :thinking:

2 Likes

For sure they would expect growth to slow….but they must have projected that slow down a few years down the road. Not so soon!

1 Like

I feel the same way…

1 Like

I would have expected it to slow down exactly as it has.

They had huge growth due to the pandemic. With the world heading back to a "new normal’ that has people getting out of their houses more, it would be logical to see slower growth.

7 Likes

IKR! I never think too much food. I think leftovers.

3 Likes

And there is no real new content on there. It will pick back up in the next quarter with Book of Bubba Fett snd the Hawk Eye series coming out.

4 Likes

Same! I also love that I can see mine being freshly made in front of me!

Disney is going to have to learn the can’t treat the general public the same way they treat their parks and resorts patrons.

If they want peoples money they have to offer a good product at a good value.

3 Likes

They said on the call that there was a backup of planned content due to the pause in shooting during the pandemic. I think that’s why summer has been sparse. But starting next month, they have a huge slate of series coming out for Star Wars and Marvel in 2022 going into 2023. I think subscriptions will pick back up.

2 Likes