Pull-down couch Murphy's here to stay!

Is this new news? The article and comments kind of imply that people don’t like them but I thought they were well received. I hope Boulder Ridge gets them! (Someday I WILL own there!)

3 Likes

We did hear news of this while you were away. But it’s still super exciting. Poly is a hard one for my family of 4, but as DD grows up and we (likely) travel with just DS for a few years I’m sure he’ll appreciate the comfort of the Murphy over the pull-out couch should we opt to stay there together.

Looking forward to them being installed across all of property in time. They are such a much nicer option for a second bed!

5 Likes

Doesn’t the Poly have the pull down twin too? Or are your kids too big now?

Luke can stay on that for now, but at almost 14yo he is growing like an inch a day. With significant height in our family it is likely he will outgrow that super soon. He will definitely like the pull down larger bed once that happens.

The real issue for us though is 4 of us sleeping in the same room - just not super conducive to good sleep for any of us. We’ve grown spoiled and prefer having separate sleep spaces whenever possible. TBH, that has always been our preference; our first family trip we stayed in the family suites at ASMu for that very reason.

The benefit of poly over other studio villas is the 2nd bathroom which is a tremendous help.

We can (and probably will) continue to do short stays in studios, most likely as part of any split-stays. But 1BR and up is definitely our preference.

2 Likes

Ah, makes sense! We also like the multiple bedrooms for sure! We had 3 bedrooms in France and that was huge.

But I gotta stay at the Poly someday!

I honestly think that all of us would pick that resort for every single stay. We all LOVE it there.

But as studios only (because we are not bungalow rich!), it just doesn’t work for us most of the time. :frowning:

1 Like

From what I have gathered online all of Pago Pago had been completed. There was mention of relocating some DVC members to the resort rooms, but that was a little while ago now and haven’t heard anything recently. I’m following like a hawk bc I’m finally staying there next month and really pray we have a murphy instead of the couch.

3 Likes

My 6’-2” son is sleeping on this and prefers it to the pull out couch bed. Both my tall guys think it’s comfy

3 Likes

Loved this at a 2br at SSR in December. Way easier to climb in bed than the regular beds and plenty comfy.

5 Likes

We had a studio at SSR in May and my daughter found the pull-down comfy enough, but it was in the direct line of the AC (a benefit to many) so she ended up crawling in bed with me instead. Oh well.

5 Likes

Who would hate them? I’m so excited because we are starting a trip with 2 days at the Poly in November, and squeezing 5 of us in a studio!

4 Likes

I absolutely love the refurbed SSR rooms. Such a dramatic change and brightened the whole place up.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. I’m a warm sleeper and appreciated that ac placement.

I’ve never understood the need for those big comforters!

3 Likes

Dd20 and I are renting Poly points for 3 nights for a standard view in 20 days. I requested Tokelau, but we will see what we get.

There was some chatter on a Poly FB group that some people were getting relocated but I think most of the standard rooms are done w/ their upgrades.

I will share pictures and dd can provide a review of the Murphy bed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Full disclosure, we haven’t actually seen the SSR rooms in person…but…

We ended up going ahead and buying into DVC at SSR because of the look of the refurbished rooms. We watched countless videos of all the various rooms across the different DVCs. While what we really wanted was Boardwalk, I could tell that was a long shot in the price range we were looking. We weren’t even really considering SSR when we were looking at the old rooms…but the refurbished rooms? Loved them. And so now, we own at SSR! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mentioned in the other thread I think I started somewhere in here, that I was searching for a Poly studio room tour with these.

I found one last night, yay! However I admit I had to turn off the sound after about a minute because I found the presenter very annoying - hands waving around and touching everything in that artificial presenting way. So I watched on silent which for some reason made it easier.

It isn’t a great room tour either IMO, skipped over stuff but finally showed the Murphy bed down right at the end.

“Enjoy”!

2 Likes

I love the Murphy beds conceptually, though I have never tried sleeping in one. I would also love if they added a single pull-down bed to all the studios that currently sleep 4 so you could officially sleep 5 across all properties. Should be doable.

4 Likes

Paul and Amy…

Nice people, but yes a bit annoying LOL

2 Likes

Yeah SSR is my first home resort and I chose it for multiple reasons, but now that they are so spectacularly refurbished I’m just thrilled to call it home. Have 5 nights in December and can’t wait!

In my experience (mostly at Pop) the only real difference is the murphy beds seem to feel firmer than the others. Not sure why since the others are also on a platform and it’s the same mattress on both, but I’ve noticed it in every value room I’ve been in.

1 Like