Pull-down couch Murphy's here to stay!

My one complaint…why did they put in a soaking tub instead of a jacuzzi tub in the 1 bedroom? I only ever use a tub for the jets. The tub in BWV has jets. The new rooms at SSR do not. They might as well have removed the tub entirely!

1 Like

My guess is bc jacuzzi tubs are gross and more expensive to maintain.

2 Likes

I think the mattress quality differs depending on if you are in value, moderate, or deluxe. That’s what I learned, anyhow, when I was looking into the mattresses they use.

1 Like

Could be, but wouldn’t they use the same mattress on both beds in Pop? Maybe the murphy mattress is used less or mostly by lightweight kids so it doesn’t break in softer like the stationary bed?

1 Like

The newer tubs have a jet that dries the lines out after use.

For the older ones, I fill with water and run it through using bleach whenever possible

2 Likes

We have an early 90s jacuzzi tub at the beach and never use it bc it’s a pita and gross, but I’ll give that suggestion to my mom. Normally it’s just the alternate water bowl location for her weird cat.

2 Likes

We had a jetted tub when we first moved into our house, so that’s how I learned the importance of doing that. If it’s in a tub that is rarely used I think it’s less of an issue. But ours was our everyday tub/shower so it was constantly getting wet. You don’t want to bathe your innocent brand new child in a jetted tub that is spewing black crud :face_vomiting:

So on the rare occasion you want to use it you run it through with bleach for a while first.

We don’t have that tub anymore because overall it was just gross

2 Likes

Can I just say how much I love this sentence. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Meet Smokey aka Momo. She is the weirdest and most peculiar cat I’ve ever met. One such thing is her preferred drinking venue which is from a bowl inside the tub in the primary bathroom. Even at our beach house when we arrive she heads straight to the primary bathroom and hops in the tub and just waits until we deliver her water. #spoiled

4 Likes

She is wicked pretty!

4 Likes

She is pretty! And good for her for knowing her preferences. Don’t ever settle Momo, don’t ever settle!!

4 Likes

As someone who has owned a Jacuzzi tub in our last house and opted for a soaking one in the new one - yes - they are gross and super hard to clean. Skin and dirt ends up coating the inside of the jets and they’d have to scrub the heck out of those every time someone checked out.