Pteranodon flyers- adults

I’m confused - can adults ride this and do they have to?

Only with a child that qualifies to ride.

3 Likes

So under 48 inches they can take someone? I have 1 kid over and 1 under.

Interesting, I am unsure how they apply these rules:

That’s why I asked. I read that and it’s confusing.

Yes adults can ride if they go with a child between 36" & 56" tall. Yes, someone taller than 56" needs to accompany the child. So a qualifying sibling could actually go with a taller (than 56") sibling.

They are strict on the rules because it’s such a slow loading/low capacity ride and they need to limit the riders so the waits are not crazy.

7 Likes

Thanks - so my daughter is just at 48 and my son is 46 so it seems like both my husband and I could ride with each child.

6 Likes

Yup! I actually like this ride so enjoy!

3 Likes

Yup… if your daughter is 7 or older then she could ride alone if she really wanted to, but your son must have a responsible rider (read: 14 or older) with him.

1 Like

Great! Thanks!

When we went in April, our experience was great. I was SO confused too initially reading it & was just prepared to skip it but DD10 really wanted to try it. The two team members at the front of the queue were really helpful in helping us get on the ride & understand the requirements. DD10 was 54 1/2" inches and so they told her to pick DS11 (60") as her “ride buddy” even though she could’ve gone all alone. Then they had DH & I pair up with each of our younger kids (DS5 almost 6 and DD3 who were 46" and 38"). So we happened to hit it in a sweet spot where all our family could pair up & get on the ride. Once DD hits 56" (and she is now 55" without shoes so we may never get to all go again), we won’t be able to all go.

And it is so terribly slow loading/limited capacity that the first of our 3 pairs was the one unloading when the last of our pairs loaded and the middle pair was waiting at the hold stop to unload (so they can only send one flyer at a time really).

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Seems like we can all ride and I’m going hit it up first thing to avoid a long line.

3 Likes

Its quick but fun, really cool in the dark too!

1 Like

An under age sibling over 56" cannot ride with a child meeting the requirements. DD10 is over 56" and was not allowed to ride with DS6. I’m sure the is a lot of discretion going on but two separate cast members on two separate days last weekend didn’t let her ride.

1 Like

How old does the sibling need to be?

1 Like

well, it’s not like they ask for DOB or anything. DD10 is tall but looks really young. I’m sure a teenage looking sibling would be allowed to accompany the “short” rider. Like I said, lots of discretion on the part of the cast member.

2 Likes

Absolutely. We can & probably will do it next time we find ourselves at UOR bc even though we tried our hardest to delay it, DD10 most definitely is teenage looking.

I meant that once DD10 hits 56" it’s no longer a neat 3x3 pairing of the six of us. Right now (she’s still right at 55") she can take one out of me, DH & DS11 and the other two kids (DS6 and DD3) can take the other two of us. Once she hits 56" only 2 of the 4 of us too tall riders can accompany, leaving 2 non-riders to our own devices unless they somehow start a parent/teenage siblings swap for that accompanying rider. :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

So I never ever once figured out what exactly UOR considered “a responsible person” if it was an age thing or what. I know for Disney that means 14. But we were never asked when it came to DS11 (will be 12 this summer and is tall & can pass for 13-14 without question).

2 Likes

Their access guide says it’s 14.

1 Like

Good to know. All their signage said “responsible person” and I never had a chance to dig into exactly what that was, because I was a very bad liner for UOR & showed up not even knowing exactly which rides my younger kids were tall enough for.

I may have consciously decided to stop researching that so I would actually pull the plug on buying the tickets. I’ve many a time had the browser open researching the one in Hollywood that’s so close to DLR where we go frequently & then closing the browser abruptly when I got frustrated with how much they weren’t able to do. UOR definitely has a lot more to offer in general, but I still found it frustrating when really sitting down and starting to tally what rides they COULD actually do before then sorting out what WOULD they want to do & didn’t want to again lose out on WWoHP for that calculation, so I just bought the tickets & figured it out on the ground.

Anywho, it was a lot of waiting in child swap rooms but also, we tried to balance that with the play areas and DD3 fell head over heels in love with Seuss Land & all things Seussical so it worked out.

2 Likes