PT’s February Trip Home

Love the pics, Looking forward to following along!

2 Likes

It will be interesting to hear what you thought of Frontera. We’ve been a few times and love it, it’s the only place my DH asks to go back to every time (and his only contribution to the planning process). :rofl:

1 Like

Frontera Cocina was very good last nice. We had the deluxe plan but the portions were huge! We could have easily shared one or two entrees.

Appetizers were: chips and salsa, queso fundido, and shrimp creviche tostados.

Entrees: chipotle shrimp, carne asada, and mole chicken. Funny, the asada was not was what ordered ( my son’s girlfriend wanted the smaller taco version and it was very clear when we ordered).

My son thought the mole was the best he has ever had. It was weird though that the food was so well thought out and the tortillas seemed like an after thought. My son also has a “thing” for leches. Their coconut lime version was interesting. It took him a while to decide he liked it, but it was not his preference.

15 Likes

Glad that you enjoyed your dinner last night. It looks good but I don’t think that it would be one that I would put high on my list.

2 Likes

Is that pic of the gray bear you mentioned not recognizing on chat? If so it’s Big Al from Country Bear Jamboree.

3 Likes

This morning I didn’t realize my son and his girlfriend did not set their alarm. I was up and ready but at 6:45 I realized they were still sleeping. We lost a little time but left POR at 7:15 and we were checking into the Plaza at 7:55 (we drove).

This was my first time eating at the Plaza.

I had the lobster-fried green tomato eggs Benedict, and my son and his girlfriend both had the all-American breakfast platter. We really enjoyed our breakfast. If this continues it really is a good out of pocket option.

It was the first time I watched the new opening show.

I miss the old opening, but I enjoyed it more than I thought.

What do you rope drop when you have DAH later in the week and FPs for all the mountains? No, not 7DMT when you are a Plaza breakfast behind the crowd:

Enchanted Tales!

Oh! If you are very lucky your 27 year old gets to be a guard!

We squeezed in a couple of beloved attractions after Enchanted Tales

We conquered three mountains:

I was sad. We were hoping to go to Country Bears this morning

I have never seen the show but I met Big Al yesterday. The attraction went down while we were waiting to go in. Maybe another day…

We left the park at 12:15 and are on a break until we return for dinner.

18 Likes

Was also in MK today, seemed a bit crazy this afternoon.

3 Likes

I was sorta in MK? We used the Tomorrowland Terrace area restrooms before going downstairs.

5 Likes

Wow–you accomplished a lot by 12:15!!
Love that your DS was picked to be a guard!

2 Likes

Oh no! No sleeping in when at WDW! :slightly_smiling_face:
love seeing the report. We arrive tomorrow (tuesday) and I can’t wait. We get in at 4pm so it’s going to be a wash since we have EMM HS the next morning.

4 Likes

We returned to MK to try the new menu at BOG. It was the first time we were seated in the West Wing for dinner:

Some food pictures:

16 Likes

Was the gray stuff delicious?

1 Like

Of course!

4 Likes

We decided to spend our night at the POR resorts. First stop, the Scat Cat Lounge:

13 Likes

We decided to end the night at the River Roost.

No Yee Haw Boob tonight .

11 Likes

What were your thoughts on BOG dinner, was it worth the price?

My son did not know what the price was. He tnought OOP $75. The 2 credits are tough. It did include a regular drink plus an alcoholic drink. I would do it again.

4 Likes

Say it isn’t so @PrincipalTinker! Country Bear Jamboree is so good. It is a must see on my list for every trip.

1 Like

Hope you enjoy every moment.

2 Likes

I loved the West Wing!

How were the boozy beignets?

1 Like